Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Transmission Temp Gauge Wiring?

Old 10-25-2015, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Temp Gauge Wiring?

I have a 2000 SS Camaro, I am wanting to install an aftermarket temperature gauge for my transmission (4L60E). I know where I can install the sensor in the pressure port on the transmission. I am going to get a Glowshift temperature gauge. I am somewhat new to this kind of stuff and I am not exactly to sure which fuses in the fuse box to use. Here are the instructions for the gauge if anyone would like to take a look and help me out. http://www.glowshift.com/instruction...ture-Gauge.pdf

I just need to know which correct fuses to use for this

I am sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in!
Old 10-27-2015, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

I have an Autometer trans gauge sitting on my dresser waiting to be installed.. ..

I need to get the 6LE center vent gauge pod thingy first (dont like pillar mounted pods) ..

for the lighting you can run the wire to the illumination wire for your A/C control, black for ground and switched positive to whichever fuse gets switched power at the side of the dash.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

i used a fuse tap from the parts store. find a key-on fuse from the fuse panel by the driver door. wire up the power wire from the gauge to the wire on the fuse tap, hide the wires and done. not too hard at all
Old 10-28-2015, 02:13 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Majestic9C1
I have an Autometer trans gauge sitting on my dresser waiting to be installed.. ..

I need to get the 6LE center vent gauge pod thingy first (dont like pillar mounted pods) ..

for the lighting you can run the wire to the illumination wire for your A/C control, black for ground and switched positive to whichever fuse gets switched power at the side of the dash.

If you have an electric gauge that will work but NOT with the mechanical one... Most don't have enough length on the sender to go further than the cubby hole in front of the shifter... so you would want the cubby plate.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:16 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JacobSS
I have a 2000 SS Camaro, I am wanting to install an aftermarket temperature gauge for my transmission (4L60E). I know where I can install the sensor in the pressure port on the transmission. I am going to get a Glowshift temperature gauge. I am somewhat new to this kind of stuff and I am not exactly to sure which fuses in the fuse box to use. Here are the instructions for the gauge if anyone would like to take a look and help me out. http://www.glowshift.com/instruction...ture-Gauge.pdf

I just need to know which correct fuses to use for this

I am sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in!
Says page not found...

For ignition source just strip the end of the wire, pull out the gauge fuse, bend the bare wire over the blade and push back in (that's the easy way lol, you can also add a blade terminal and just plug it into the open ignition terminal).

For lighting just "vampire clip it" (can't remember the technical name) to the A/C illumination or shift plate light as mentioned (black is ground so do the other one lol).
Old 10-28-2015, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeah mine is the electrical version.. along with the water temp gauge sitting next to it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission Temp Gauge Wiring?