Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

1998 ls1 Camaro z28 sputtering/Hesitation under load low rpm

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 04:46 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1998 ls1 Camaro z28 sputtering/Hesitation under load low rpm

Well guys,Hi and thanks for help on advance....

I have a 1998 camaro with Ls1,Has headers LT no cats,rumbler tsp exhaust,k&n filter,Slp lid,2000 up motor,Has ls6 intake....

I recently took my car to the car the car wash,Drive thru about two weeks ago.My car began idling very rough by the end of the wash.I had never had issue before...Car stalled and would not stay running,Wasnt throwing a Cel,I figured my oils got water in them.I dried connectors car ran better.Still seemed kinda off.I drove few more days,no issue,l.Went to drop of my gf and tried restarting car and taking off it sputtered and stalled.I can crank the car back up and drives fine.Sometimes hesitation then I wot it was roll through hesitation.No popping while hesitation just sputtering.I have cleaned my tb,just by spraying tb cleaner.As well as cleaned maf.When I cleaned the maf car ran fine for few days.Recently began with same issue? I figured moisture is the culprit. I also cleans iac.Maybe I need to remove whole tb and clean.The car has surge at idle sometimes,Drops about 200 rpm 500-700 rpm range.I change fuel filter,just for piece of mind. The o2 sensor had water but once dried no issue i put Di electric grease in them.

Quick Reply: 1998 ls1 Camaro z28 sputtering/Hesitation under load low rpm