Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

98 camaro turn singal issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 02:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 camaro turn singal issues

My 98 z28 Camaro front passenger turn signal is not flashing. Even with hazards on. Drl comes on but won't flash. I've replaced both flasher relays all new bulbs and sockets and cannot find the problem. Guy who had car before me had led bulbs in it and they were both solid now for some reason.Every turn signal work even passenger rear works as it should expect for passenger front. PLEASE HELP
Old 03-16-2016, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had a similar problem in a rear turn signal on a 2000 Grand Prix. Previous owner had wired the third brake light into the regular brake light wire instead of fixing it right, and it shorted when the brake was pressed when the signal was on. I would suggest tracking the wires, maybe the PO wired something like HALO's in or something at one time and used the wrong wire.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Ok i checked the wires for power on the drl box:
-With left turn signal activated my voltmeter flashes when testing the light blue/white striped wire while the power at dark blue is continuous.
-With right turn signal activated my voltmeter flashes when testing the dark blue wire while the power at light blue/striped wire is NOT on at all.

Help....
Old 07-10-2016, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Ok i checked the wires for power on the drl box:
-With left turn signal activated my voltmeter flashes when testing the light blue/white striped wire while the power at dark blue is continuous.
-With right turn signal activated my voltmeter flashes when testing the dark blue wire while the power at light blue/striped wire is NOT on at all.

Quick Reply: 98 camaro turn singal issues