Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

2002 Camaro Turn Signal Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2002 Camaro Turn Signal Issue

I have a friend with a 2002 Camaro. It's a V6, but only has about 30,000 miles on it. Today, his turn signals completely stopped working. When you flip the switch to turn either the left or right signal on, nothing happens. The dash indicators don't come on, and there is no clicking sound. When outside the car, the left or right DRL will turn off (depending on what direction the switch is flipped) but will not flash. Neither rear signal bulb will illuminate. His hazards work normally though.

We checked the fuse on the interior fuse panel, and that was not the issue. Didn't tear anything else apart yet, so I want some opinions to help him out. My guess is either the switch, or the flasher relay. From what I've read, when people's flasher relays go out, the signal usually stays illuminated. In this case, they don't come on at all, so I have no idea if that is the issue or not. I imagine it could be the switch too. Note that the wipers and washer fluid functions work normally though.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My money is on it being the flasher relay. If not it's probably the switch in the steering column. I would do the flasher relay first since it's a 5 minute fix.

I'm pretty sure that a completely faulty relay will result in the symptom you described. At least, when I changed my relays, when they were unplugged there was no lights...period..

If it's in the steering column, that's gonna be a fun one.... I just tore my steering column apart a few months ago and it's not exactly fun.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:46 PM
Launching!

flasher. There is one for the turn signals and a seperate one for the hazards. both under the dash
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-f...nal-relay.html
Old 04-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Strangely, he let me know that it started working again later in the same day. I thought it might be the flasher relay too, but now I'm not really sure.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Teching In

when my flasher went bad. it was intermittent.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mcclintock89
when my flasher went bad. it was intermittent.
Ok, thanks for the info. I just wanted to hear from some people who may have had a similar issue.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by insidethreat07
flasher. There is one for the turn signals and a seperate one for the hazards. both under the dash
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-f...nal-relay.html
This thread reminded me mine stopped working, but the hazards did work. Now I don't even have to ask. LOL, timing.

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro Turn Signal Issue