Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

How to mount CDT sail panel speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to mount CDT sail panel speakers?

So I got the Kee Audio Level 3 package and decided to have a go at fitting the speakers today. Of course nothing went smoothly, because that would be asking for too much, but one of my biggest hurdles came when I tried to fit the new sail panel speakers. Two of the holes on the new speakers half line up with the holes in the body, but the screws refuse to go in all the way and that's pretty much as far as I got before giving up. Any advice/ideas? Thanks.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've done my doors and just did once side in the rear of my car, but haven't done the sail panels yet. From my experience upgrading speakers involves customizing and not just bolting things right up 80% of the time. Case in point what I did tonight.

I had to cut out the plastic for the larger speaker and use stands to space it down for clearance. Also, had to open up the other hole to 2" for the tweeter.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Door and hatch speakers all fitted straight in for me; frustrating that there was no mention of the sail panel speakers not being a direct fit and only after some intense Googling did I find that you have to try smaller speed nuts. Would have been great if someone had told me that before, but hopefully I can get them in now...

Quick Reply: How to mount CDT sail panel speakers?