Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Stuck Positive Terminal Bolt

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck Positive Terminal Bolt

Hey guys and girls,

Today, I decided to install my Blackbird Lighting Solutions headlight and HID kit, which went pretty well, for the most part.

It looks amazing! Worlds apart from when I bought the car.

But, I have to take out the housing...
I had everything hooked up, and just needed to hook up the positive and ground wires, hook up the battery and be done. My problem is that I can't get the bolt holding the positive terminal on the fuse box off. I've been hitting it with PB blaster and tried tapping it, and turning it anyway I can to break up rust, but just didn't have any luck.

I don't want to break anything, and unfortunately I'm already pretty close to doing so

I couldn't get either of the bolts loose, the smaller one is starting to round out, and the bracket it's attached to is already creaked.

I tried connecting it to the positive terminal on the battery itself, but the rubber boot won't be fully seated if I do. I'm guessing that's to keep out moisture, so I don't want to anything to compromise that.

I also tried connecting it to the battery above the boot, but I couldn't even get the bolt back in the boot like that. Once again, I didn't want to force anything.

Sorry if the pictures are out of order or anything. I still don't really know how to post pictures from the app. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails Stuck Positive Terminal Bolt-photo744.jpg   Stuck Positive Terminal Bolt-photo805.jpg   Stuck Positive Terminal Bolt-photo154.jpg   Stuck Positive Terminal Bolt-photo440.jpg  
Old 08-28-2016, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

you shouldnt hook it up to the fuse block.. should go straight to the battery.

you can get one of these

and put the wire on the end so that way it wont mess up the contact of the main positive cable
Old 08-28-2016, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

I'm guessing any parts store should have it?
Old 08-28-2016, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

yeah any parts store will have it in the battery accessories section

oh and the covers aren't really for moisture.. they are there in case metal inadvertently touches it
Old 08-28-2016, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the help, hopefully I can find one tomorrow. I really hated taking them off, haha

Quick Reply: Stuck Positive Terminal Bolt