Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

2000 Camaro SS #867 journey . . . 1st post is a damn novel

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a slippery slope! A very addicting slippery slope...
Old 12-29-2016, 04:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RebelExtrm02
It's a slippery slope! A very addicting slippery slope...
After looking at your thread, it's an icy slope lol
Old 01-07-2017, 12:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Got all my MOOG front suspension parts in, now just need to find time to start the tear down. I want to replace the hubs while I'm installing the new bushings. And I might be getting some 5th gen Brembo's tomorrow for cheap
Old 01-07-2017, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

Sound like a great time to paint the knuckles/spindles.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Sound like a great time to paint the knuckles/spindles.
Yes yes it does
Old 01-18-2017, 10:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Ordered Strano springs this week. The SLP springs on my car have less than 2000 miles on them, but I don't like how high the car sits because of them. The next thing I'll purchase from Sam is his sway bars and then the last things I need are the front hubs. I figure with 192k on the body and chassis that those are long over due!! I'll install the rear springs this weekend and then start tearing the front suspension apart for the overhaul.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by King Nothing
Ordered Strano springs this week. The SLP springs on my car have less than 2000 miles on them, but I don't like how high the car sits because of them. The next thing I'll purchase from Sam is his sway bars and then the last things I need are the front hubs. I figure with 192k on the body and chassis that those are long over due!! I'll install the rear springs this weekend and then start tearing the front suspension apart for the overhaul.
Do you already have an adjustable panhard bar to square up the rear once it's lowered down to the strano level?
Old 01-18-2017, 11:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Do you already have an adjustable panhard bar to square up the rear once it's lowered down to the strano level?
Yes sir it's been on the car since I put it on in 2006 lol
Old 01-21-2017, 06:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Well hello there

Last edited by King Nothing; 07-24-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well hello there
I hope your Strano's sit better than mine do...I regret going with them.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by n2oblkz
I hope your Strano's sit better than mine do...I regret going with them.
What shocks do you have? How long have you had them and how do you drive your car?
Old 01-21-2017, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

What shocks do you have? How long have you had them and how do you drive your car?
It's a street car, no track use and I've had them on since last summer and they're on with Koni STR.T's. The only thing I can say is they ride well, other than that, they sit high in the front like a fox body mustang.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:15 PM
TECH Veteran

It's a street car, no track use and I've had them on since last summer and they're on with Koni STR.T's. The only thing I can say is they ride well, other than that, they sit high in the front like a fox body mustang.
I know when I did the Eibach ProKit in 06 the front didn't lower very much at all, but the rear lowered and leveled the car out. I honestly expect the same to happen with these. My Eibachs started to sag after 6 years and over 100k miles but the car won't see that much mileage this time around.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know when I did the Eibach ProKit in 06 the front didn't lower very much at all, but the rear lowered and leveled the car out. I honestly expect the same to happen with these. My Eibachs started to sag after 6 years and over 100k miles but the car won't see that much mileage this time around.
Yeah, there seems to be a common problem with the Strano's sitting front end high. I ended up have to spend the extra cash for BMR's 1 inch lowering K members to hopefully get the issue solved. I would've been happy with a car that sat level, but I didn't get that, so good luck.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, there seems to be a common problem with the Strano's sitting front end high. I ended up have to spend the extra cash for BMR's 1 inch lowering K members to hopefully get the issue solved. I would've been happy with a car that sat level, but I didn't get that, so good luck.
What coils and shocks did you have before you went with the Strano's and Koni's? Is it possible you had front springs that were sagging and you didn't know it? I'm not trying to say you have something else going, it just how my mechanic mind works lol
Old 01-23-2017, 06:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

What coils and shocks did you have before you went with the Strano's and Koni's? Is it possible you had front springs that were sagging and you didn't know it? I'm not trying to say you have something else going, it just how my mechanic mind works lol
I had stock a DeCarbons and DMS springs. No, there was no sagging, the DMS springs sat nice, I just figured I'd upgrade to a new and better spring since I was ditching the stock shocks. I should have stuck with the DMS springs.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Gotcha! It might be a while before the car is back on the ground so I'll find out then.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Well, I decided to wait on installing the new springs and rest of suspension as I'm going to order the Strano Sway Bars and don't want to do things in stages, do it at once. So for now I needed to address some pigtail issues in the front end.
This is what I started off with, new and old:

Both the turn signal and side marker pigtails were worn and corroded from 17 years of use. Now onto the tools to accomplish this, minus the electrical tape and wire loom

Now to cut some wiring to accommodate the lengths and still fit in the wire loom

Wires connected but heat shrink not heat sealed

I still need to do some electrical testing before I can secure the wires up and unfortunately my battery doesn't have enough charge to start and correctly test for voltage. Since I had to re-do the rear cover, I need to add fluid to the diff and I found this cool adapter instead of using the traditional funnel.

I'll put the fluid in the rear end either tonight before work or tomorrow morning when I get home and then check for leaks.

Last edited by King Nothing; 07-24-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

It's a crap shoot really. I have BMR and they sit perfect. A friend put tow different sets of BMR on his 99 SS and the front sat high. He sold that car and bought a 98 SS and put Strano on it and it sat perfectly. I felt bad because I suggested he buy the BMR because of the reports of Strano sitting high in the front. I think there are just too many different factors to reliably say you'll get a certain result with one or the other.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's a crap shoot really. I have BMR and they sit perfect. A friend put tow different sets of BMR on his 99 SS and the front sat high. He sold that car and bought a 98 SS and put Strano on it and it sat perfectly. I felt bad because I suggested he buy the BMR because of the reports of Strano sitting high in the front. I think there are just too many different factors to reliably say you'll get a certain result with one or the other.
That's definitely what some of these companies want you to think that way they don't have stand behind the fitment of their products.

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro SS #867 journey . . . 1st post is a damn novel