Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Now I got two!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Now I got two!

Hey there guys and gals.

I ran across a 1994 Z28 6 speed, with 91k miles on it a couple weeks ago and picked her up. This car was in great shape for the age. It had the normal camaro drivers seat rip and the nose cone was screwed up. Missing a headliner, you know little stuff. But this car did not have a drop of rust anywhere... I mean anywhere. I looked underneath, all around the wheel wells.. nowhere.

So, being that camaro seats are somewhat hard to find around here in good shape, a buddy at work had a 1996 RS with perfect interior. The 3.8L v6 was seized and there was some rust on the quarter panel on the drivers side, and this nose cone was also messed up.

I bought the RS for $500. Clear title and everything. I take out the seats, the headliner and move them over to the 94 z28. Now the only thing the z28 needs is the new nose cone painted and installed and it will be a pristine car.

Some guy was here looking at the parts car to buy it, I posted her back online for $600, people blowing up my phone right and left because it is in fact, a sharp car. Anywhere this guy is here looking at it, and talking about camaros and this and that. My girl walks outside and stands there while me and him talk and out of the blue says "What will it take to fix this car?"

Of course my response was you can buy a v6 for about $150. Why?

She, of all people, decides we need to keep this other car. Of course I am game because now not only do I have one camaro, I have two.

Anyway the moral of this thread is I want to do a V8 swap on this car. The V6 is already mostly disassemble. I am not partial to fuel injected or carbed motors, but would like to know the quickest and easiest way to go with these cars. I know there is not much room there to put another motor, so please enlighten me with your knowledge of the 93-02 Camaro V8 swaps...

And now the RS needs seats, a headliner, a front nose cone and the rust repaired. Nickle and dime, nickle and dime.. but you can't beat the fun you have in these cars!
Old 02-20-2017, 10:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post pics when you get a chance. Do you know what engine it is you would like to put in there? There are alot of write ups on here already of people swapping over from v6 to v8. Not really worth the $ in my opinion. From my understanding it is a different sub frame, different bell housing on the transmission from v6 to v8, rear end is inferior as well, possible driveshaft change. Then the nickle and dime stuff starts popping up from there, motor mounts etc etc
Old 06-13-2018, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Converting a V6 fbody into a V8 is not worth it most of the time, good parts car though.
I would focus on your Z28.

If the V6 car is a 3800, you could supercharge it and get decent power.

Quick Reply: Now I got two!