Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Muffler for 2002 Camaro SS with Center Mount Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Muffler for 2002 Camaro SS with Center Mount Exhaust

Howdy folks,

I need to replace the muffler for the factory center mount exhaust on a 2002 Camaro SS. I called SLP and they said it's discontinued.

Does anyone know if the same muffler is available anywhere, and if so, what the part number is?

Thanks
Old 10-10-2017, 02:10 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

The original muffler used for this was the standard SLP "dual/dual" unit (even with the CME option). If you want the exact same muffler, you'd have to find one used at this point but, again, it doesn't have to be from a CME car specifically (same muffler was used for basic SLP dual/dual systems as well.)
Old 10-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
The original muffler used for this was the standard SLP "dual/dual" unit (even with the CME option). If you want the exact same muffler, you'd have to find one used at this point but, again, it doesn't have to be from a CME car specifically (same muffler was used for basic SLP dual/dual systems as well.)
Thanks for the info.

I had my car in the shop recently to get a new clutch, and when I picked it up, there was a really loud rattling sound. The guy said he was tapping a rubber mallet underneath the car to try to find a squeak in the exhaust. I figure he probably tapped the muffler and something broke loose and is now rattling around in there, as the rattling sound is definitely in the muffler.

He apologized and said he can cut open the muffler and see if something can be welded back. Do you think that's possible? I've gotten used to the sound of this exhaust and don't want to go to a different muffler, or wait forever for another dual/dual.

If I need to get a new muffler, is there another type of muffler with a similar sound?

Quick Reply: Muffler for 2002 Camaro SS with Center Mount Exhaust