Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

New Camaro community member dropping in

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Camaro community member dropping in

Hey guys! I just wanted to pop in an say "hi". I have been a member of this site for a few years and previously owned a 2005 and then 2009 Cadillac CTS V. I traded the last caddi in on a pickup but have been in need of something sporty again. Over the weekend I happened to stop by a car lot in town (not planning to buy anything) and found a 1997 Camaro Z28 that they had just gotten in. It has 145,000 miles. It's rough but I picked it up for $2900 and was looking for a project car. I've always loved this body style of Camaro and am excited to finally have one. Anyway I hope to learn a lot from you guys (I'm only moderately mechanically inclined) and will probably have a lot of questions.

The engine sounds good and runs strong but it has a coolant leak, the interior needs a lot of work (getting rid of the God awful flames in the gauge cluster is a top priority) , it needs new paint, a good amount of suspension work, etc. The seats have 30th anniversary logos but after doing a quick search I'm guessing its not...

Anyway tell me what you think!

Old 12-20-2017, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by kueblerkt
Hey guys! I just wanted to pop in an say "hi". I have been a member of this site for a few years and previously owned a 2005 and then 2009 Cadillac CTS V. I traded the last caddi in on a pickup but have been in need of something sporty again. Over the weekend I happened to stop by a car lot in town (not planning to buy anything) and found a 1997 Camaro Z28 that they had just gotten in. It has 145,000 miles. It's rough but I picked it up for $2900 and was looking for a project car. I've always loved this body style of Camaro and am excited to finally have one. Anyway I hope to learn a lot from you guys (I'm only moderately mechanically inclined) and will probably have a lot of questions.

The engine sounds good and runs strong but it has a coolant leak, the interior needs a lot of work (getting rid of the God awful flames in the gauge cluster is a top priority) , it needs new paint, a good amount of suspension work, etc. The seats have 30th anniversary logos but after doing a quick search I'm guessing its not...

Anyway tell me what you think!

congrats on the new you! All 1997 camaro had the 30th anniversary seats but the true anniversary cars were white with the Orange stripes. Still a nice z28.

Quick Reply: New Camaro community member dropping in