Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

95 lt1 crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 lt1 crank no start

I have a 95 lt1 camaro cranks no start has spark at plugs fuel pressure at 40 psi also power to injectors and injectors are pulsing was driving down road at55 car kinda stumbled and nackfired out exhaust babied it home tried giving gas but bogged down once home it was ideling and then just died and wont start any ideas guys?
Old 03-19-2018, 02:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Motz
I have a 95 lt1 camaro cranks no start has spark at plugs fuel pressure at 40 psi also power to injectors and injectors are pulsing was driving down road at55 car kinda stumbled and nackfired out exhaust babied it home tried giving gas but bogged down once home it was ideling and then just died and wont start any ideas guys?
The service manual says if you have "less than 41 PSI of fuel pressure it may cause a lean condition and set DTC 44/64. Drivability conditions can include hard starting cold, hesitation, poor drivability, lack of power, surging and backfiring.
Have you checked for any codes set or possibly a plugged fuel filter or return line? Otherwise, you may need to look at the fuel pump. I've attached pages from 95 service manual that may help you troubleshoot.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1995 Fuel Pressure Test.pdf (272.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-19-2018, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peterpar
The service manual says if you have "less than 41 PSI of fuel pressure it may cause a lean condition and set DTC 44/64. Drivability conditions can include hard starting cold, hesitation, poor drivability, lack of power, surging and backfiring.
Have you checked for any codes set or possibly a plugged fuel filter or return line? Otherwise, you may need to look at the fuel pump. I've attached pages from 95 service manual that may help you troubleshoot.
thank you for answering im new on here so still trying to figure this out yes have checked for codes with actron scanner showing no codes set current or in history i have not checked fuel filter i will just get a new one and put on there cheap enough and hasnt been changed in ten years that i have had the car did change fuel pump 9 years ago car has 116 thousand on it was trying to pin point what problem is with out thtowing alot of money at it and hoping for best lol ive heard alot about optispark problems on here do you know since im getting spark at plugs can i pretty much rule out any ignition problems ? I will update as soon as i get new filter on and recheck fuel pressure i work alot so dont get much time in my garage lol again thank you peterpar
Old 03-28-2018, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Been a while since I messed with one of these but I would check the resistance in the fuel injectors. They short out and puke the computer just as you described.