Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Looking for hints/videos to adjust my convertible top and windows

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for hints/videos to adjust my convertible top and windows

Vehicle: 2000 SS Convertible. Automatic.

My top makes noise when ever I go over bumps etc. Kinda clunking sound. Mostly from area over rear of passenger window.

Also, windows (bot sides) leak at the weather stripe seals. the seals look OK.

I am finding info on how to REPLACE the windows regulator, but not how to adjust either top or windows

I bought the car used after my 2001 SS convertible 6 speed was stolen . The car is no where near as nice as my old one... Sucks I don't know the history. I am suspecting there was some accident, but carfax was clean.

Thanks!
Bruce
Old 07-30-2018, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for good replacement options for speakers. Monsoon 2000 SS Convertible

Several speakers are blown.
I am thinking about replacing the radio, but looking for something that woul have built in GPS, and hand free phone, but with our any major mods of the dash.
Other then that I would like some speakers that are not outragiously expensive.

What would be some good radio options? Would I need to bypass the monsoon amp, or remove it? Or pass through it. I have seen people doing all through and not sure which is the best approch.

Thanks!
Bruce
Old 07-31-2018, 06:49 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by mctabish

Several speakers are blown.
I am thinking about replacing the radio, but looking for something that woul have built in GPS, and hand free phone, but with our any major mods of the dash.
Other then that I would like some speakers that are not outragiously expensive.

What would be some good radio options? Would I need to bypass the monsoon amp, or remove it? Or pass through it. I have seen people doing all through and not sure which is the best approch.

Thanks!
Bruce
You can replace the 1.5 DIN factory head unit (radio) with double DIN by purchasing a double DIN bezel. Unless you plan to add an aftermarket amp and rewire for the speakers, you should keep the Monsoon amp. The amp is the best part of the Monsoon system - even though it's small and not particularly powerful, it provides clean output when given clean input (the factory HU produces terrible distortion) and the extra power is always helpful... especially in a convertible. However, keeping the amp means being more selective in your speaker choices. Also, convertibles have challenges for speakers anyway... the rear speakers have to be quite shallow to allow for the top mechanism. Your best bet is to do some searching in the Stereo and Electronics section and ask questions there.

Quick Reply: Looking for hints/videos to adjust my convertible top and windows