Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

1996 camaro horn problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 camaro horn problem

a while back, i believe something happened to the cigarette lighter and messed up the wiring, im not sure though...i know it isnt the fuse.

anyway the cigarette lighter does not work, but say i can plug in the outlet for my discman or something to get 4.5 v and it works fine. but the horn also doesnt work right...it works, but is very quiet..and u have to hold it in or press it a few tiems to actually hear a horn sounding noise..but it is always very quiet. i tried looking behind the fuse box..but i cant get the bolt off without reaching in behind...and of course u cant do that in a GM car without ripping apart the whole interior and dashboard...so has anyone ever heard of this problem, or know a quick way to fix it without bringing it to a mechanic.

also like other GM cars...fuses blow like crazy..but the horn one is fine. are there any other fuses involved in the horn besides the main fuse box

Last edited by Raptor33; 07-10-2004 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you'd be better off changing the horn. i'm sure it'd be easier than 'ripping the dash apart'. Also, it can't be a fuse. If the fuse was blown there would be no light sound at all, since the physical connection between the switch and the horn would be severed at the fuse. That's how they work. So it's definately not a fuse problem. Check your battery too.

Quick Reply: 1996 camaro horn problem