Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

93-97 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Default 93-97 Questions

Body and interior wise, what were the major changes between the LT and LS cars?
It's looking like the 97 LT cars had the 98-02 Dash and interior?
Did the 93-97 cars and 98-02 cars share a windshield and cowl panel/firewall or were they different?

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

From the A-pillar back, including the firewall, structurally all 4th gen F-bods were the same (ex: Camaro vs. Firebird rear quarter, deck / hatch and side mirror cosmetic differences). The front fenders and nose were new for the '98+ MYs. There was a dash board change in the Camaro, I think between '96 and '97, maybe too in the Firebird. I've read that there were improvements in body bonding adhesives in '98 which helped enable the SS & WS6 'verts to withstand the stiffer 17" rims and upgraded suspension of those models. Obviously, exterior and interior color choices changed over the years, as well as option packaging. I'm sure there are dozens of other detail changes over the years.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
From the A-pillar back, including the firewall, structurally all 4th gen F-bods were the same (ex: Camaro vs. Firebird rear quarter, deck / hatch and side mirror cosmetic differences). The front fenders and nose were new for the '98+ MYs. There was a dash board change in the Camaro, I think between '96 and '97, maybe too in the Firebird. I've read that there were improvements in body bonding adhesives in '98 which helped enable the SS & WS6 'verts to withstand the stiffer 17" rims and upgraded suspension of those models. Obviously, exterior and interior color choices changed over the years, as well as option packaging. I'm sure there are dozens of other detail changes over the years.

The main chassis and interior differences were what I was after. My 94 has a trashed interior and I was trying to decide what year interior to go back in it with. Thanks.