Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Finally Paid off the Z...

Old 11-05-2005, 06:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Paid off the Z...

I had been calling the finance company's customer sevice automated number and listening really carefully to the parts about 'daily perdium' and how much interest I had been paying each month for the Camaro loan. It was making me sick so me and the wife scrapped up every dime we could and sent them a really big, and really painful check to finally pay off the loan on the Z car.

We still had about 2 years left on the loan and when I bought the car I got reamed really bad on the interest rate. (I just had to have the car... and the sales guy knew it!) The last statement said I paid $150.00 in interst alone last month... OUCH!

Anyway, I am now the 'Owner' of a Black 2001 Z-28 Camaro in mint cond. with only 20,250k on the clock... We bought it new, off the lot with only a few hundred miles on it. The wife 'found' the car one day while looking for a new ride.

Now I am scared to damn drive it for fear of an accident or blowing my friggin engine up... (murpheys law)
Old 11-05-2005, 06:33 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll get over the feeling soon enough of worrying. Think about it , you've got a really nice car and it's paid for! Plus if something does happen , insurance companies are paying a reasonable amount to replace them. Enjoy your car and just in a month or two ,enjoy the newfound money you have! What's not to like about that?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally Paid off the Z...