Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

My 92 z28 (pics inside) what to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know but in my opinion, stock looks pretty good
Old 11-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

I own a 86 iroc and if I were you I'd keep the stock hood and spoiler. Like you said, they are 91-92 exclusive items and it'd be better to keep it that way. There are alot of people out there trying to get the exact same look that you have going for you now, not me though I follow my own path.

I like the idea of stripes on your car. Heritage stripes do look great but like you said, they are a bit over done. Playing with the one guy's idea of one single stripe would look good, have it follow the lines of the hood but just a hair slimmer, also have it end on the hood. If I knew how to post pics I would, so I am going to try and explain it to you. It would look like a solid stripe, that goes from the top of the hood and ends about 3 inches from the bottom of the hood, sort of like a 69 yenko camaro stripe is. Make it just shy of the lines in the hood but make them following them. Then I would make a gap from the single stripe and have the stripe followed by a small border stripe like a 69 z28. Do the same thing to hatch lid and spoiler and call it a day. Just whatever you do, don't do the stripe on the roof, rear bumper, or any farther down the front fascia than the grill, it does not look good at all in my opinion.

Wow, that took alot more typing than I thought it would to explain my stripe idea. If anybody can photoshop something like this post up and I'll tell you how far you hit or missed my idea.

Get some rims and lower your car. You said it is already too low, but I beg to differ. Look at the side veiw of your car and look at all that space between the wheels and your fender/quarter panels. A slight drop will make it look much better and also make it handle better, go with an inch to 1 and a half inch drop, it will look much better.

I'm not sure which rims to tell you to get, but don't get ZR1's. I run ZR1 rims and it's been catching on lately with the third gen crowd so please, don't get them, I'd hate to swap rims so soon just because I think they are played out in the third gen crowd. Kidding, but really, when everybody does the same thing to their cars then where can anybody been unique? I think so c6 rims would look great on your car, just like the pic that was posted on the first page. Except black would look better going with the color concept with the black stripe, tint and your red paint. Get some black with a polished lip, you will love them and your car will be one top notch sob.

Anyways, sorry if I put so much info into one post, but that's what I do, I lurk around until I find something I feel like commenting on and I go all out. Go big or go home.
-Brian
Old 11-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Man, I have to tell ya, you got a nice ride. I wouldn't change a whole lot if it were me. I like the stock looks better than putting a whole lot of aftermarket stuff on the exterior. I would get it detailed. If you paid someone to do a multi-step job with a good buffer you wouldn't regret it. I bought a PC buffer and used it on my vehicles with several different stages of compound and you will throw rocks at traditional waxing. You can pay someone or just do some research and invest in it and do it yourself. I would also detail the engine bay. Other than that, I wouldn't touch the exterior. If you want to lay down some $$$, then I say do performance upgrades.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

just put as many go go fast goodies as you can....
Old 11-21-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ROADKILL1
Man, I have to tell ya, you got a nice ride. I wouldn't change a whole lot if it were me. I like the stock looks better than putting a whole lot of aftermarket stuff on the exterior. I would get it detailed. If you paid someone to do a multi-step job with a good buffer you wouldn't regret it. I bought a PC buffer and used it on my vehicles with several different stages of compound and you will throw rocks at traditional waxing. You can pay someone or just do some research and invest in it and do it yourself. I would also detail the engine bay. Other than that, I wouldn't touch the exterior. If you want to lay down some $$$, then I say do performance upgrades.
I agree but I can't figure out what would be good performance mods. I want it to be reilable.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by legal disaster
I own a 86 iroc and if I were you I'd keep the stock hood and spoiler. Like you said, they are 91-92 exclusive items and it'd be better to keep it that way. There are alot of people out there trying to get the exact same look that you have going for you now, not me though I follow my own path.

I like the idea of stripes on your car. Heritage stripes do look great but like you said, they are a bit over done. Playing with the one guy's idea of one single stripe would look good, have it follow the lines of the hood but just a hair slimmer, also have it end on the hood. If I knew how to post pics I would, so I am going to try and explain it to you. It would look like a solid stripe, that goes from the top of the hood and ends about 3 inches from the bottom of the hood, sort of like a 69 yenko camaro stripe is. Make it just shy of the lines in the hood but make them following them. Then I would make a gap from the single stripe and have the stripe followed by a small border stripe like a 69 z28. Do the same thing to hatch lid and spoiler and call it a day. Just whatever you do, don't do the stripe on the roof, rear bumper, or any farther down the front fascia than the grill, it does not look good at all in my opinion.

Wow, that took alot more typing than I thought it would to explain my stripe idea. If anybody can photoshop something like this post up and I'll tell you how far you hit or missed my idea.

Get some rims and lower your car. You said it is already too low, but I beg to differ. Look at the side veiw of your car and look at all that space between the wheels and your fender/quarter panels. A slight drop will make it look much better and also make it handle better, go with an inch to 1 and a half inch drop, it will look much better.

I'm not sure which rims to tell you to get, but don't get ZR1's. I run ZR1 rims and it's been catching on lately with the third gen crowd so please, don't get them, I'd hate to swap rims so soon just because I think they are played out in the third gen crowd. Kidding, but really, when everybody does the same thing to their cars then where can anybody been unique? I think so c6 rims would look great on your car, just like the pic that was posted on the first page. Except black would look better going with the color concept with the black stripe, tint and your red paint. Get some black with a polished lip, you will love them and your car will be one top notch sob.

Anyways, sorry if I put so much info into one post, but that's what I do, I lurk around until I find something I feel like commenting on and I go all out. Go big or go home.
-Brian
I can't really lower the car anymore if you look at the pics( I believe you can see my driveway in the one) it scraps the eshaust going in and out if you don't have the right angle. If I lower it. it will scrap all the time
Old 11-21-2007, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

hey to tell you the truth i would put chrome irocs on it and be done wit it but 17's and no bigger i actualy miss my iroc alto and very very nice car by the way...
Old 11-21-2007, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by david068513
I can't really lower the car anymore if you look at the pics( I believe you can see my driveway in the one) it scraps the eshaust going in and out if you don't have the right angle. If I lower it. it will scrap all the time
don't lower it the car looks good as it sits
Old 11-21-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by no_more_z28
don't lower it the car looks good as it sits
I agree plus I live in GA and there are speed TABLES Lol and to get in and out of places suck....
Old 11-21-2007, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

I agree plus I live in GA and there are speed TABLES Lol and to get in and out of places suck....
ya i did some suspension mods to mine after i got it cuzz the ride isnt all that great but never lowered it I just put good stuff to stiffin it up in the turns and give it a good ride...
Old 11-21-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

ya i did some suspension mods to mine after i got it cuzz the ride isnt all that great but never lowered it I just put good stuff to stiffin it up in the turns and give it a good ride...
well I have sub frame connectors going on soon. just got to find a welder. I gonna try to get some shocks and springs just don't know what kind . I also what to put a shiftkit in it.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

let me see i will try and remeber what springs i put on they didnt lower it just gave it a ggod ride and the shocks damn what were they... I put poly bushings through out the whole car man what a hell of a diffrence...
Old 11-21-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

let me see i will try and remeber what springs i put on they didnt lower it just gave it a ggod ride and the shocks damn what were they... I put poly bushings through out the whole car man what a hell of a diffrence...
yea I should put poly brushings on it..
Old 11-21-2007, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

ya realy helps in alot of ways, anyways good luck with it man i realy loved mine and well miss it every time i see a clean one like yours cuzz mine was like my babay man
Old 11-21-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

ya realy helps in alot of ways, anyways good luck with it man i realy loved mine and well miss it every time i see a clean one like yours cuzz mine was like my babay man
thanks for your help
Old 11-22-2007, 06:15 AM
TECH Addict

Chrome Iroc wheels look sick on third gens too. Are you a member on thirdgen.org? That sight is strictly third gens and you may get better luck as far as where to get the stuff you want and different tricks and ideas with them.

Not to say you won't get that here though.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by waldershrek
Chrome Iroc wheels look sick on third gens too. Are you a member on thirdgen.org? That sight is strictly third gens and you may get better luck as far as where to get the stuff you want and different tricks and ideas with them.

Not to say you won't get that here though.
yes I am a member there But it seems everyone does the same things to there cars over and over again...
Old 11-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

yes I am a member there But it seems everyone does the same things to there cars over and over again...
Yeah I second that, looking at most of the people's cars on there it is hard to tell one from the other. Bilstein and Koni make top notch shocks and struts, and Moog makes factory height springs with stiffer rates. I am not sure of the part number for them, but a simple search on thirdgen.org will yeild the results. Good luck with your car.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:40 AM
TECH Resident

Id start with Zr1's but they are not a direct bolt on. You need a spacer.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by irbs
Id start with Zr1's but they are not a direct bolt on. You need a spacer.
I found some that don't need spacers and are a third gen direct bolt on. Also im looking at a stealth ram . I need a cam suggestion thou.

Quick Reply: My 92 z28 (pics inside) what to do next?