Can we race multiple LSX classes? - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Chevrolet Performance LSX Challenge Series & Shootout Chevrolet Performance Nationals Chevrolet Performance LSX Shootout NMCA World Street Finals

Can we race multiple LSX classes?

Old 07-09-2010, 11:15 PM
10 second playa

Default Can we race multiple LSX classes?

So here is a general question...

Will I be able to race in the LSX Rumble and LSX Real Street?

I know for example that we cannot race an NMCA class and a LSX class like the LSX Rumble and NMCA Late Model EFI.

With all of these classes it wouldn't make sense if we couldn't?

For example if you had a Fifth Gen Camaro and you can only race one class, where would you race? There are so many classes you could potentially race that car in.

I think if you don't allow us to race in more then one class the NMCA will just be cannibalizing it's own car count in many classes.
Most people will probably only go for the class with the biggest payout and skip all specialty classes?

Take me for example, I have a better chance of winning the Rumble than Real Street, but I Would enter Real Street just to up the car count, have some fun, race Heads-Up and have a Outside chance of getting lucky and making it to a money round.

I think the NMCA would have a better show, fuller classes and take in a couple of extra bucks.

If I am traveling all the way out there (about 1000 miles) I would like to be able to race in more than one class, especially if I go out in the first round in one of them.

How does it work when you want to Race and enter the LSX Car Show?
You can do both of them right?
Old 07-11-2010, 02:29 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Those are some great questions/points and I agree that it makes total sense to allow one to enter multiple classes as long as they're within the LSX realm (ie: not the known NMCA categories).
I don't see where there should be any conflicts/barriers if a racer entered both LSX Rumble and LSX Real Street etc.

Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
If I am traveling all the way out there (about 1000 miles) I would like to be able to race in more than one class, especially if I go out in the first round in one of them.
Yes, the 'multiple class thing' could certainly be a critical element in convincing someone who is perhaps otherwise 'on the fence' about attending.
The chance of getting more shots at some round wins and possibly going all the way in at least one class if say, I wasn't quite competitive enough in another class would definitely encourage me to make the long drive (and I do drive the car, no tow vehicle/trailer) out there to race versus just hitching a ride and spectating.
The benefits in the areas of overall car counts/increased revenue are obvious of course.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:51 PM
10 second playa

BTW - That's 1000 miles each way!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

BTW - That's 1000 miles each way!
And you have to figure that there will be many others coming from that far away (and even further, south Florida, California etc.) as well. The freedom to enter multiple classes might make for a stronger incentive for them to make the trip.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

This same question was asked a couple years ago, but I don't remember if it was here or on the NMCA forum. The answer was no and was justified by a story of a guy that came to one of their races, entered multiple classes, and won all that he entered. The result was the loads of other people that drove "1000 miles one way" watched one person go home with all the prize money. So based on this I would say the answer is no, other than the combined entry to rumble and true street.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I will check with Jeff and let post here.

Thanks

Robin
Old 07-13-2010, 07:25 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by 5.3LJimmy View Post
This same question was asked a couple years ago, but I don't remember if it was here or on the NMCA forum. The answer was no and was justified by a story of a guy that came to one of their races, entered multiple classes, and won all that he entered. The result was the loads of other people that drove "1000 miles one way" watched one person go home with all the prize money. So based on this I would say the answer is no, other than the combined entry to rumble and true street.
Yeah, but that could not happen here.

One guy couldn't win Drag Radial and All Motor?

A competitive Drag Radial car wouldn't be eligible for Real Street.
A competitive All Motor car wouldn't be eligible for Real Street either.

Then a guy with a Heads Up (ie. Drag Radial) type car wouldn't be consistent enough to even think about winning the Index Rumble.

Then on top of all that, the car would have to be a 5th Gen Camaro!

The most classes I can see one guy winning would be 2.
If he does, then God bless him.
If they are that worried about it, then limit entries to 2 classes.
1 just doesn't work for me.

True Street doesn't factor into it in my opinion, because it is not "proper" drag racing.
It's fun and impressive, but it is not traditional drag racing.
You are not racing the guy next to you, there are no eliminations etc...
Old 07-13-2010, 07:39 PM
9 Second Club

Since the inception of the LSX Shootout I have wanted to race two classes. Index for the competitiveness and All Motor just cause I am all motor.

I certainly would enter two classes with one being Rumble and the other being All Motor or even Real Street with no power adder.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:29 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by Robin L View Post
I will check with Jeff and let post here.

Thanks

Robin
Jeff,

Any comments on behalf of the NMCA?

Thank you
Steve
Old 08-04-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

You can enter multiple LSX classes but you can not enter an LSX class and a NMCA class.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats good news
Old 08-04-2010, 11:44 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by nmcajeff View Post
You can enter multiple LSX classes but you can not enter an LSX class and a NMCA class.
Jeff,

That is EXCELLENT news!!!

I think this and creating Real Street may be the best things to happen to this event since the inception of the LSX Shootout itself!
Its a Win - Win!

On behalf of the LSX community.
Thank you
Old 08-12-2010, 01:45 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nmcajeff View Post

On behalf of the LSX community.
Thank you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can we race multiple LSX classes?

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description: