Sealed Crate Engine class for NMCA? - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Chevrolet Performance LSX Challenge Series & Shootout Chevrolet Performance Nationals Chevrolet Performance LSX Shootout NMCA World Street Finals

Sealed Crate Engine class for NMCA?

Old 03-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #41
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX04 View Post
pretty interesting, what a coyote crate motor selling for with the "racers" price? Anyone know?
Typical price from an FRPP dealer is $7500 delivered to your door (shipping included). Another reason I wanted to shoot for $6000-ish on the GM deal.

Quote:
are these guys all motor? or power adder?
All motor. No power adders. That was the main idea behind keeping the rules very simple with no weight breaks (and no bitching) for different power adders.

Quote:
Now please dont take this wrong, or that im starting and argument,

But.. How? They all have the same limiting factors dont they? Stock motor is only gonna take so much. Weather its nitrous, blower or turbo...

Am i completely off base here? i suppose if you only had 20 cars i could see the need for only one simple class like this, but if the turn out was high enough... i dont know.. lol.

I guess see the budget remarks.
By keeping them N/A and with a spec tune the engines should last damn near forever. Breakage was another thing they wanted to avoid with this type of class. The costs in Real Street and Pure Street were horrendous and breakage has been a problem for a while. Bruce Hemminger has been on the NMRA's *** for two seasons to allow a Jerico or G-Force transmission because they were breaking two to three Tremecs at each race. In winter testing (before NMRA killed Real Street) Bruce broke four transmissions in a single day. So, by keeping the power at stock levels with no power adders the drivetrain parts should live as long as the engine. This will also make for much closer racing too. These types of rules take the emphasis off of the biggest bank account and put it onto the driver and chassis adjustments.

The initial cost of the engine is, of course, the main obstacle for most people. However, consider the costs involved with any other heads up engine program and it is a bargain. Consider it a "one-time expense" along with a good transmission. After that....you're into maintenance costs. Should be pretty easy on tires and clutch discs too.
ShadowLands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #42
TECH Veteran

right on. lol. works for me, was just wondering
JAX04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #43
Teching In

Anybody have news about this from Bradenton?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #44
7 Second Club

Dr. Jamie Meyer has been made aware of the interest in a class
Villain281H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #45
Teching In

Back from the dead..........any news on getting this class on the books?
Old 10-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #46
Teching In

I sent an email through LinkedIn to Dr. Jamie Meyer yesterday concerning this class. He replied last night and it sounded as if he knew absolutely nothing about this idea. I pitched it to him and included a link to this thread along with the other from lsxracers.com. Will wait to hear back from him and update this thread.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #47
7 Second Club

That's a little weird considering I know a few current NMCA racers that discussed the idea with him a while back. Might have a lot on his plate with the LSX Shootout, SEMA and such coming up quick.
Villain281H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #48
Teching In

Unfortunately........it is now October. I just don't want a repeat of Coyote Stock's opening race.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:46 AM   #49
Teching In

Old 05-31-2014, 09:43 PM   #50
Staging Lane

radchevy is offline   Reply With Quote