2014 Schedule changes - ATL/NORWALK/HOLLEY/INDY - Page 2 - LS1TECH

Chevrolet Performance LSX Challenge Series & Shootout • Chevrolet Performance Nationals – Atlanta Dragway – Commerce, GA – June 3-5, 2016 • Chevrolet Performance LSX Shootout – Lucas Oil Raceway Park – Indianapolis, IN – June 23-26, 2016 • NMCA World Street Finals – Summit Motorsports Park – Norwalk, OH – August 25-28, 2016 • Holley LS Fest – Beech Bend Raceway – Bowling Green, KY – September 9-11, 2016

2014 Schedule changes - ATL/NORWALK/HOLLEY/INDY

Old 08-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #21
DRAG RACING IS LIFE! Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2RACINGLS1's View Post
Derek,

Are you saying no one is looking at this thread and you have to go over to Facebook to give your opinion on tracks and dates?

If you are going to have 4 races during the year why would you run 3 of them back to back more or less?

August/September/October

N2
I honestly can't say if opinions on Facebook means more than posting here or on NMCA's website (based on the initial post, it appears they want Facebook feedback).

I'm not in charge of the schedule, don't know how the votes count exactly (if there is such a thing where they are 100% steering it) and I'm not sure how set in stone 2014 is. One thing that has been discussed it seems: a change will be made to start the season in 2014.

The NMCA has 2 of the 4 LSX Challenge dates (the other 2 are run as part of another organization/event). So let me try and look at this from the current 2013 NMCA schedule.

If they didn't start at Bradenton, the next NMCA date is Atlanta in April. So does Atlanta get the nod with 2 races 2 months apart?

After that is Joliet which is a NMCA / NMRA dual event, so based on car count it'd probably be hard to do.

Since we're now in July, the LSX Series has likely started in Atlanta.

After that is NMCA Bowling Green in August, but now we run into the same problem: 2 events at the same location (but now within a month)?

So that brings us to NMCA Norwalk near the end of August. They say yes, NMCA and LSX run the event together just like Bradenton (hopefully with better turnout for LSX series).

The season concludes with LS-Fest in Kentucky and Indy for the Shootout.

With all that said, once again the reason for my post was everyone needs to speak up with constructive thoughts.

If the Bradenton event was too early based on the majority, then the negativity should be minimal in my opinion when they start in May/June versus March. A lot of places could be considered marginal to start too early in the season based on possible weather. We've had 40 degree temps in Gainesville Florida in May a few times!

If the Bradenton event was too far to travel south based on the majority, then the negativity should be minimal in my opinion when they have to put the schedule together with a bunch of tracks located farther north.

Try to appeal to both groups, and you get the 2014 schedule. Keep in mind Bradenton to Atlanta is a 9-10 hour tow. So for anyone in the state of Florida, we have to start that far out as our CLOSEST RACE!

What's the perfect solution? I don't know. I'm glad the NMCA, Chevrolet Performance, Holley, Chevy High Performance and a host of other companies support a series like this. I hope racers and fans alike can see the big pictures and offer constructive ideas to keep it growing.

Sorry for the long winded response!

Derek
Villain281H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #22
9 Second Club

Thanks for the input and no need to worry about being long winded. I know it is not easy. But just like you it would be a 13 hour tow for me to come down to Florida for the first race.

I like the LSX events but 3 days at the event and 1 day each way to make the drive just does not work. I am not in to abuse and then if they stack them all together I guess I am out!!

I hope they are looking at this thread since I do not do Facebook.

N2
N2RACINGLS1's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #23
DRAG RACING IS LIFE! Mod

Since the people behind NMCA/LSX do post up here and see stuff, I'm guessing they'd add it in with the decision weight. Can never make everyone happy, but still kicks *** to have a series for LS stuff in the days when people are scaling back funding/sponsorship!

Derek
Old 08-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #24
TECH Apprentice

Florida for me is 21 1/2 hours for me. It is very hard for me to drive down. When I heard about the change, I was happy and then I thought about me running EFI and LSX in 2014. I would still have to drive to Florida due to the 2 events that are dropped. If two of the LSX events are run separate from the NMCA events I would need to make the Florida trip. Missing one event could hurt me in the end. Decisions.
98NYFINESTVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #25
DRAG RACING IS LIFE! Mod

Rob, another interesting point of view to bring up. Trying to run a four race series that encompasses the entire eastern United States can be difficult without making people travel up to two days. But the effort to appeal to the masses is definitely there!

Derek
Old 09-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #26
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Derek,

While I think moving the race from Bradenton early in the season is a good idea, those proposed dates are really too close together and most folks I know if they have to make a tough choice they are going to LS Fest.
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #27
TECH Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveline Studios View Post
Attention all LSX Challenge Series racers! The NMCA is considering a major change to the 2014 LSX Challenge Series schedule and we would like to hear from YOU. Instead of starting in Bradenton, we are considering beginning the Challenge Series in Atlanta (at the CHP Nationals) and adding a race in NORWALK, OH in between Atlanta and the Holley LS Fest. The schedule would be as follows:

CHP Nationals (All-GM) - Atlanta Dragway - Commerce, GA - May 30 - June 1, 2014

NMCA / LSX Challenge - Summit Motorsports Park - Norwalk, OH - August 29-31, 2014

Holley LS Fest - Beech Bend Raceway - Bowling Green, KY - Sept. 5-7 or 12-14, 2014
Sept. 5-7 would be to close to the Norwalk event.

NMCA / LSX Shootout - Luca Oil Raceway - Indianapolis, IN - Oct. 9-12, 2014

This new schedule would give racers more time to prepare for the LSX Challenge series, give us a great venue in Ohio, and eliminate the Bradenton race. Of course, we want to HEAR FROM YOU. So, what do you think?!

Please head over to the OFFICIAL NCA LSX RACING page on Facebook and let u know what you think!
Great schedule, besides the suggestion of Sept. 5-7.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #28
8 Second Club

When will they anounce the schedule?
koolrayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #29
TECH Apprentice

I heard a rumor that the suggested locations are not definite and there are other locations on the table. Not trying to stir the pot, but don't be surprised if you see something come out of left field. :-)
Old 09-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #30
8 Second Club

The dates of the joliet race are very atractive
koolrayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #31
10 Second Club

im good with that schedual lets get it!
blue99fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #32
10 Second Club

I live in Indy so it is about the same to Norwalk and KY but the dates are to close. It would be tuff on the money spent and getting two weeks with no work done at the shop.

ALT is out for me, to far.
JRracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #33
DRAG RACING IS LIFE! Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRracing View Post
ALT is out for me, to far.
So you COULD make Bradenton?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #34
10 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE View Post
I heard a rumor that the suggested locations are not definite and there are other locations on the table. Not trying to stir the pot, but don't be surprised if you see something come out of left field. :-)
Topeka?!?!
06X6spdGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #35
Staging Lane

I am in northern indiana so the change to norwalk would be awesome!!! Norwalk and indu are both only 2 ish hours away and bg is a easy drive down 65. There is no way I would ever make it to the florida event due to the drive time and cost to get there.
73turbo53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #36
Destroyer of Crawfish

I'm still holding on and hoping for MIR
Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #37
DBN
8 Second Club

Bradenton should be cancelled as past low car counts speak for themselves. Atlanta should be cancelled as well, considering the unsafe racing surface from this year's event. I would seriously consider holding the first race of the 2014 season in late Feburary or early March at South Georgia Motorsports Park. This is one of the premier facilities in the country and is open virtually year-round. The second race, possibly in April, could be held at Memphis, Bristol, or even MIR. The two fall races should be kept as is, with the Holley LS Fest at Bowling Green being held in September and the World Finals at Indy in October. I would definately NOT schedule races closer than 4-5 weeks apart and I would also seriously consider the more centrally located tracks. Just my opinion.
DBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #38
DRAG RACING IS LIFE! Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBN View Post
Bradenton should be cancelled as past low car counts speak for themselves. Atlanta should be cancelled as well, considering the unsafe racing surface from this year's event. I would seriously consider holding the first race of the 2014 season in late Feburary or early March at South Georgia Motorsports Park. This is one of the premier facilities in the country and is open virtually year-round. The second race, possibly in April, could be held at Memphis, Bristol, or even MIR. The two fall races should be kept as is, with the Holley LS Fest at Bowling Green being held in September and the World Finals at Indy in October. I would definately NOT schedule races closer than 4-5 weeks apart and I would also seriously consider the more centrally located tracks. Just my opinion.
The problem that I see with trying to schedule a race at SGMP in late February-early March is overlap with established events.

There is No Mercy (Donald Long's radial based race) in late February, then the Lucas Oil NHRA race usually a week after that. Then the Eastern national test session right before the Gatornationals in Gainesville (keep in mind either the Lucas oil race or the Eastern national test race will be the same weekend as the NMRA opener in Bradenton).

Then the NMCA opener in Bradenton the following weekend.

Now you are in late March, and the next NMCA race is a month or less away at Atlanta.

Just food for thought.

Derek
Old 10-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #39
Staging Lane

I vote Topeka its only couple of hours for me.
superman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #40
Teching In

Throw St Louis in the mix!!
GMParts is offline   Reply With Quote