The official announcement of the new sealed engine class - Page 2 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Chevrolet Performance LSX Challenge Series & Shootout Chevrolet Performance Nationals Chevrolet Performance LSX Shootout NMCA World Street Finals

The official announcement of the new sealed engine class

Old 08-24-2014, 09:46 PM   #21
On The Tree

wiring harnesses and ECM's showed up this week for Kevin L and Ronnie H. Saw kevins in his trailer at Norwalk this weekend.
c_keith74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #22
TECH Fanatic

Kevin said there is a chance he might have his ready to make some hits by Indy but still has most of the car to do. Ronnie plans on doing his over the off season.

I was told one car was ready but don't see how, don't know who it is either.

I talked to a few other guys that are still committed to running the class but are trying to get there ducks in a row first.
nmass399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:47 PM   #23
10 Second Club

I was thinking about this on my drive home today. Maybe selling my LS 7 and running this deal... Not sure why I was thinking about it. 8 hour drive will do that to you though... Didn't seem like too bad an idea... I'm gonna do some research this week about it.
C5_Pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #24
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I've posted some info in here:

https://www.facebook.com/LSXNewsLT1News
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:56 AM   #25
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMCA Gene View Post
This class offers good side by side heads up racing, however it would be great if they could change one rule that would impact car count I believe.

Take out the sealed oil pan rule, CS doesn't have that rule, and wouldn't affect the current racers.

I have a 2004 GTO; I'd buy a DR525 engine tomorrow if this rule change was made for 2016. Neither the Fbody or "Muscle car" (truck) oil pans will fit a GTO, GTO and few other GM cars have a specific oil pan. I've contacted NMCA, they will not budge.

The alternative is I would have to basically front half the GTO with a custom K member, LCA, coil overs, about $8,000 estimated. I'd rather not expense that.

All the best,
Fraser
Fraser588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:05 AM   #26
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser588 View Post
This class offers good side by side heads up racing, however it would be great if they could change one rule that would impact car count I believe.

Take out the sealed oil pan rule, CS doesn't have that rule, and wouldn't affect the current racers.

I have a 2004 GTO; I'd buy a DR525 engine tomorrow if this rule change was made for 2016. Neither the Fbody or "Muscle car" (truck) oil pans will fit a GTO, GTO and few other GM cars have a specific oil pan. I've contacted NMCA, they will not budge.

The alternative is I would have to basically front half the GTO with a custom K member, LCA, coil overs, about $8,000 estimated. I'd rather not expense that.

All the best,
Fraser
C/S oil pan is sealed as well. Plus, FRPP only offers the engine with one oil pan. No options.

Your best bet would be to pass along your suggestion to Rollie Miller of ProMedia (NMCA) to see if Chevrolet Performance might offer a third pan option next season.
ShadowLands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #27
On The Tree

Sent Rollie an email, thank you.
Fraser588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:45 PM   #28
TECH Enthusiast

Old thread bump... Is anyone on here running this class? Opinions on it? What kinda times are these cars running? Who sells these engines/best pricing on these engines and ecu's? thanks
sillysspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:32 AM   #29
LS1Tech Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysspeed View Post
Old thread bump... Is anyone on here running this class? Opinions on it? What kinda times are these cars running? Who sells these engines/best pricing on these engines and ecu's? thanks
I and the starting line scare-crow on Jesse Wilson's CPS 2014 Camaro. I point him towards the sticky spot on the track and help him out with whatever else he needs. It is an awesome class. Tons of fun, great people to race with. The comradery is great off track. And the competition is tough on the track. The ET record in the class is currently held by Glen Pushis at 10.23.

As far as the engine and ECM goes I would start out by contacting Scoggin Dickey and if you have a good relationship with a local GM dealership you may contact them as well.
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:17 PM   #30
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysspeed View Post
http://www.nmcadigital.com/dl/rules/prelim/cps/cps.pdf

Here is the rules if you have not seen them
Old 03-08-2017, 05:24 PM   #31
TECH Fanatic

Admrlzr1 and c keith74 are running the class not sure what other screen names everyone else has
Old 03-08-2017, 06:13 PM   #32
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I've see a number of folks run this class:

Ronnie H (orange car is FS)
Haley R
Keith V
Jesse W
that guy works for BMR
Keith L
Glenn P
Old 03-16-2017, 04:34 PM   #34
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
I've see a number of folks run this class:

Ronnie H (orange car is FS)
Haley R
Keith V
Jesse W
that guy works for BMR
Keith L
Glenn P

That would be Pete Epple. He is our marketing director and former editor of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine. He campaigns the gunmetal gray 67 Chevelle.

As for the engine, Skoggin Dickey is the place to go for sure. They have the exact package you need to run this class
BMR Sales2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #35
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Hey how come Pete didn't race in Bradenton? Car down?