Conversation Between ls1nova71 and Buckndol
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Buckndol
    08-11-2013 12:13 PM
    I have a problem I need help with. My car is a 1936 Olds Coupe. I installed a 6.2 with Magnuson TVS 1900 and 4L80E. The ECM is under the driver seat.

When I least expect it, or when I am on a narrow highway. the car will stumble a few times, then backfire a few times then go dead. Will not restart. If I open the hoods and let it set 10 to 15 minutes it will start as if nothing is wrong. Five miles later, on a narrower part of the road, it will repeat. I U
    used a noid light and know there is no power to the injectors when this happens. I did not check the plug for fire, but the backfiring would indicate the fire to the coils is also interrupted. I replaced the ECM and it does the same thing. Engine temperature is normal and fuel pressure is constant. Something seems to be intermittently cutting power to the coils and injectors. Any ideas on this ????

Buckndol is online now Report Post
  2. Buckndol
    04-22-2013 12:06 PM
    Hello Eric: I am running the front vents and will run them to the top radiator hose. What do I use to plug the back holes? I see the one on the drivers side. The other is covered but I assume there is one on the passenger side.
  3. Buckndol
    04-11-2011 04:03 PM
    Eric: Nice to hear from you. I am not building anything now, just driving them.