Conversation Between 86zcamaro and sasquatch094
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. 86zcamaro
    12-21-2010 08:52 PM
    I have only owned an slp one. I have yet to see a clear one that was damaged yet I would not prefer to have one. Someone I know here has a carbon fiber one that looks really nice.

I don't know what your best option would be concerning fitment. I wouldn't spend that much on a blackwing myself but I guess it might be worth it in the end.

If you get an slp one it might work if you spend a lot of time making sure it fits in place good, mine only got messed up when it moved and the clasps came undone some. Just takes time to get it right.
  2. sasquatch094
    12-20-2010 10:06 PM
    greattt.. seems like every lid besides blackwinds and the factory ones fit like ass then huh?
  3. 86zcamaro
    12-18-2010 02:48 PM
    No problem, from what I have read the older ones were higher quality. The lids with the raised slp letters rather than the hot stamped white letters. I don't see them for sale often on here though.

If you get one hope you can get it to fit well.
  4. sasquatch094
    12-18-2010 11:41 AM
    hey man, sorry i dont check this often, but thanks for the heads up! im just trying to buy my little brother a little something for his birthday and i dont want it to look like crap and all busted up lol
    but thanks again!
  5. 86zcamaro
    12-11-2010 10:18 PM
    I don't know how much you have read or know of the slp lids but most of them will get those rub marks from the hood unless you get it to fit perfect and it never moves from that point. I bought one new for my z28 and have those marks because the fitment of those lids is not very good. It actually started to break on the side from placing it correctly where the metal snap holders grasp it.

Even if you spend twice what that guys asking for a new one that same thing might happen to you, just trying to save you a little frustration in the fact that even if you get a perfect one if you cant get it in place where it never moves it will most likely get those marks. I would imagine it couldnt be much different on the firebirds.

Was just trying to save a headache, not trying to annoy or upset you.