Conversation Between Toddoky and kwhizz
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Toddoky
    12-16-2017 12:52 PM
    Hello Ken. My suggestion of which set of the Hooker engine brackets to use would be based primarily on which transmission was being used (4L70 in your case), since that has a major effect on the fitment envelope of the drivetrain, especially if the installer doesn't wan't to get involved with cutting the tunnel. I would be using the forward bias brackets myself if I were installing the engine/trans combination you have in an A-body and using those brackets will locate the front of your engine and your cylinder heads in the same location as the old SB Chevy components were at since the LS block is missing 1-3/16" off its rear end compared to the SB Chevy. I assume you are using a Corvette style accessory drive, if not, that would be the most compatible with the Hooker swap parts in your situation.

Todd
  2. kwhizz
    12-16-2017 11:55 AM
    Todd.....I have a 66 Chevelle with a LSA/4L70E in it.........I built the car with a -1 pan before the -2 Pan came out........Had to put a CV joint driveshaft in it......I want to put your new set-up in it......But I'm concerned about getting the correct engine mounts (forward Bias??) When I get a chance I will measure the passenger head to firewall......Maybe that will help in which one to use....

Thanks

Ken
  3. Toddoky
    02-25-2016 01:01 PM
    Thanks for the heads-up about the issue Ken, I've forwarded the link to those responsible for the design/management of the Holley oil pans.

Todd
  4. kwhizz
    02-25-2016 12:41 PM
    Todd.........Please read to the bottom of the page

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...project-6.html

Ken