Conversation Between Toddoky and 9869KM
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. 9869KM
    12-06-2017 01:01 PM
    Todd,
    I ordered and received the 12618HKR mounts from you guys, and I noticed that the actual engine mounts don't have the countersunk bolt holes and corresponding capscrews. They instead have standard holes and bolts. I haven't seen any pictures of 12618 mounts without countersunk holes. Does this sound right?
    Thanks
  2. 9869KM
    11-16-2017 05:45 PM
    Thank you!
    I just went and purchased a set, as you have this great holiday deal going on!

Question though, in reading the installation instructions for these, it states; "Due to the 3/4” to 1” forward re-positioning of the transmission required for proper fitment of these headers, it will be necessary to lengthen any driveshaft to be reinstalled from a previous stock transmission location installation." -Holley.
    Link: http://documents.holley.com/199r11034.pdf

Can you elaborate on this? It is my understanding that the 12618HKR mounts move the engine and trans low and roughly 1" BACK.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Toddoky
    11-16-2017 11:56 AM
    The two painted versions of the headers that will work with the 12618HKR engine mounts are part numbers 70101507HKR (1-3/4") and 70101508HKR (1-7/8").
  4. 9869KM
    11-16-2017 10:19 AM
    Hi Todd,

Thank you for the very quick reply there. I didn't expect that.
    I guess I was just surprised, but that makes sense about the exhaust ending up lower than the case would. Only if you have any extra time; Kmuch36@gmail.com

I'm definately set on the 12618 mounts as I want the engine low and setback. Largely for shifter position. I'm 6'1" and i feel like I'm close to being able to use the stock 4th gen Fbody shifter setup. I like all the connectivity I can get with a trans/shifter.

You may have just made my day! When I read what you said about 2275/76 having converted into the Blackhearts I though "oh no!", but it looks like you still offer a painted long tube that is well within the definition of affordable. Is there a specific PN by chance for the painted long tubes that ONLY go with 12618HKR mounts, or is it most of them? (I know there will be the tube diam differences) I'll look into them more tonight but this is great to know for now.

Thank you,
    Kyle
  5. Toddoky
    11-14-2017 07:20 PM
    Hello Kyle. The design geometry of the 12618HKR mounting brackets you referenced is what provides the ability to get the engine low enough in the subframe to allow the T56 to clear the tunnel. I'm not sure what the elevation of the bottom of the case at the rear relative to the bottom of the subframe, but I can tell you that the tubing of the Hooker 1st-gen exhaust system is lower than the transmission case. If you provide me with an email address I can send you a couple of side shots of 1st-gens that have been swapped with all the Hooker components.

Yes, the 2275/2276 headers were absorbed into the Hooker Blackheart line last year and new part numbers were created for them at that time. The part numbers for all versions of the headers can easily be found on the Holley.com website...click the "PRODUCTS" button on the top left of the home page next to the Holley logo and then follow the drop-down links to "LS POWER" and then "LS SWAP SYSTEMS".

Regards,

Todd
  6. 9869KM
    11-13-2017 10:51 AM
    Hello,
    I hate to bother but I have a couple questions that I haven't been able to source answers on, from here.
    I'm purchasing the 12618HKR mounts and I'm wondering how far down the T56 hangs below the subframe with these? I'm somewhat mind-boggled that the T56 case could clear the trans tunnel without cutting and not hang down below the frame by a mile.
    Also, I am looking at the 2275/2276 headers however all the main guys (jegs, summt, speedway, etc) don't seem to carry them anymore. Were they discontinued? If so, do they have a replacement? Last question I promise, is there a full kit for a 67-69 camaro with these 12618 mounts?
    Thank you very much for your time. Love your products and interactivity with this site and the members.
    -Kyle