Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those running BRP LSx headers in their G-body, in here please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those running BRP LSx headers in their G-body, in here please!

I ordered some 1-7/8" BRP LSx headers for my 81 Malibu project and should be getting them soon.

I am concerned about clearance with my McCleod bellhousing and the block plate. Anyone running an aftermarket bell with these headers? (1-3/4, whatever) From other pics that I could find, it looks like this bell sticks out quite a bit more than a stock T56 LS1 bell, etc.

Heres a couple pics of the block plate and how it sticks out past the block and starter a good amount. This is what is concerning me.
Attached Thumbnails Those running BRP LSx headers in their G-body, in here please!-img_0166-small-.jpg   Those running BRP LSx headers in their G-body, in here please!-img_0167-small-.jpg   Those running BRP LSx headers in their G-body, in here please!-img_0168-small-.jpg   Those running BRP LSx headers in their G-body, in here please!-img_0169-small-.jpg  

Last edited by 388bu; 10-15-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Launching!

go to maliburacing.com,there are guys using those headers for GBodies in the LSX section.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by skidmarkSS
go to maliburacing.com,there are guys using those headers for GBodies in the LSX section.
Yeah I hang out there all the time. Everyone running these headers there is running an auto as far as I know. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Launching!

Any update on how these fit. I have a 6.0 and will be needing headers for my g-body swap soon. Let me know. Thanks
Old 10-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by samh_08
Any update on how these fit. I have a 6.0 and will be needing headers for my g-body swap soon. Let me know. Thanks
Yup, these headers fit great. No trimming of my bellhousing required at all. The only minor gripe I have is they are a little on the low side. They probably hang down below the front crossmember a good 1" to 1.5" id say.

Great header all in all.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:13 PM
FormerVendor

Sorry about the late response. I have been out of town. We have these headers on "Scraps" (our 1978 Malibu shop car) and they fit great with a J.W. Ultrabell and powerglide. We are using the 2 inch primaries. Below is a link to the build thread for the car and I'll update it this week with some pics of the header install.

"Scraps" Mast Motorsports Test Car

Hope this helps!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fit awesome with a stock bellhousing. Doesnt help much but that is al I can tell you.

-Ryan
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Dont be surprised if you need to trim the edges of that McLeod bellhousing..

Ive encountered this with the Mc Leod and Lakewood bellhousings on Mustangs and Long tube headers, where the edges of the bellhousing needed to be trimmed!

However, the Quick Time bellhousings Ive notcied, and the one I will be using for my swap (non-Gbody, but a manual transmission), dont need any trimming and they seem to fit pretty nicely too!

Quick Reply: Those running BRP LSx headers in their G-body, in here please!