Sponsored by:

2010 CTS V "clone"

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 CTS V "clone"

FYI this is going to be a long post SORRY
yes this is my first post here and im hoping anyone can help before i lose motivation and get discouraged

Second, please save the "should have bought a real v comments" im broke and poor **** spending 30-45k on a toy,

i got this thing on DEAL to where i came $50 out of pocket to buy it, yes $50, well get into that later when its done,

i have a built 4l80 already and 2008 58x tbss LS2 fully dressed with everything BUT any component that requires an electrical connection

THIS CAR WAS A V6, it had a terminator x in it, (what i was told)

now to the questions

What are my harness options?, i would like this to function as a normal car, start with key and all the good stuff

should i get the STOCK CTSV STUFF ($500 finders fee for anyone who can get me fuse box and harness ecm) ?

should i have something custom made ( theres a max price limit probably somewhere between $1500-$2000) and WHO can make it?

i appreciate every single reply and sorry if im rambling ive been thinking for 2 days about this NON STOP

Old 07-18-2022, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Default make it fit first

Is the egnine in the car? I'd focus on that first. I have a 2013 CTS with the 3.6, so of course I looked into this swap a few years ago, and found on various forums that most of the drivetrain components are different between CTS and CTS-V, like the front crossmember. I see you have a photo of the Pure Fabrication crossmember.
https://www.purefabricationllc.com/p...bular-k-member
Are you using that one? Or find a stock CTS-V crossmember. Or I guess go old-school and fab up mounts to put the LS2 on your CTS crossmember, but I think I would take advantage of the GM engineering. I don't know if you'll need a new transmission crossmember, but I suspect so. Maybe use the GM one.

Once you get the engine and trans in, you'll need to deal with stuff like driveshaft, exhaust, radiator, trans cooler, shift linkage, bigger fuel pump, and other details.

I think you could use the stock CTS-V engine harness. You might have a few differences between your engine and the CTS-V. I don't know if the PCM is the same for the 3.6 and the 6.2; you'd need it flashed at least, or a new PCM. Not sure if that would be sufficient for all the gauges to work, but theoretically yes. Don't these cars have BCMs that need to be CTS-V specific?

I think I'd approach it with more of a swap mentality. Use an aftermarket harness, get it running, find some solution for gauges, and drive it. Don't bother with any integration between the dashboard and the engine.
Old 07-19-2022, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Not saying this guy's way is the only way to do it, but here's one swap into a V6 that has been up and running for a couple years now - https://www.cadillacforums.com/threa...-swap.1088114/.
Old 07-19-2022, 05:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Not saying this guy's way is the only way to do it, but here's one swap into a V6 that has been up and running for a couple years now - https://www.cadillacforums.com/threa...-swap.1088114/.
YA, that’s me…
everything you need to know should be in there. If not I suggest joining that site as I’m not on here that much…

Quick Reply: 2010 CTS V "clone"