Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everybody please read (ripped off)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everybody please read (ripped off)

There is a sponsor on here that has ripped me off. I tried several times to talk or e-mail them and they refuse to fix the situation. The amazing thing is they admit they lied to me, but basically say 'tough ****'. I spent at least $5000 with them and they wrote me off with ease. I added all their parts to my car, and finally got it all running. However, it only took a few test drives to find more problems with their parts. I assume there are problems because they say direct fit and they aren't even close. But the worst is the engine and transmission I bought from them, which they lied 100% to me about and now it will cost me even more money to fix the problem.
And this is not just me. This is working with mechanics, which build all types of custom cars, race cars, drag cars, and restore classics.
Here are their parts.
1. transmission crossmember-left engine and transmission at very poor angle over 12 degrees, and the driveshaft would have bound up.
2. disk brakes were warped and did not fit flush on the axle.
3. And here is the worst part:
A) I was told I was buying an LS1 engine and automatic transmission with 45,000 miles, radiator, and brake booster and master cylinder for $3500.
B) What I received was an LS1 engine and automatic transmission with over 100,000 miles for $3800.

C) So now I had to go buy a radiator, brake booster and master cylinder. And I just got the thing running this week and found out the transmission is bad. It isn't shifting right, won't shift into overdrive, and runs like it is worn out. And the mechanics I deal with tell me it won't last long. Especially since we did a head and cam package and the engine is running strong.

So here is the summary. This company ripped me off by overcharging me, is costing me more money to fix the bad parts, sells parts as direct fit when so many need fabrication and modification, and they refuse to correct or reimberse me anything, even though they freely admit telling me the engine and trans. had 45,000 miles when they sold it to me and after I took it home and questioned the mileage they told me the mileage was wrong.

And the million dollar question. Do I start bad mouthing the company on the forums since they haven't responded to my e-mails in over a month, maybe two months? Or am just being a jerk because I expect these companies that advertise on here to not lie to us.
Thanks,
Lou Rocco
Old 11-01-2008, 12:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a reason you didnt mention the business other than it being a sponser? Id like to know who it is you dealt with. A PM would be fine.

Hope all gets worked out for you, good luck.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Go to the "Sponsor Feedback" section, re-state your problem & leave them negative feedback. Then, start sending PM's to the Moderators listed in the "Sponsor Feedback section." Also, leave the rep of the Company whom you dealt with negative trader feeddback.

How did you confirm 100K miles?

Was everything bough used, including rotors, excluding trans mount?

Best way to resolve is with direct contact between you & the Company & ask LS1Tech for assistance. As a last resort, take 'em to small claims court (no lawyer needed unless you want one). Best wishes & sorry to hear about your trouble.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts

i feel your pain, but, once you change the heads/cam, my guess is their liability on the engine is over, except for proving the mileage on the engine
hope it works out for you
Old 11-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Launching!

How did you pay them? if it was credit card or paypal start a dispute. they will help you get its straight or get a partial refund to cover the cost of modifying the parts. make sure you have plenty of documentation though. good luck
Old 11-01-2008, 07:58 AM
11 Second Club

I would also like to know which sponsor it is
every sponsor I've dealt with here has endeavored to keep their reputation high
I hope this one steps up and does the same

best wishes to you SSwolf
Old 11-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Default ripped off

All rotors were brand new. And if parts need to be slightly modified to fit that is fine. But don't sell them as direct fit or bolt-in.

My biggest problem is the mileage on the engine and trans. combo. There is no way to verify mileage on an engine. But when 5 engine builders look at it and all state is has at least 100K, then I tell them it only has 45,000 on it and they all laugh at me and each one stated "not a chance in hell". It is a pretty good indication.
But here is the important part. They admit the mileage is wrong and it has more. Once I owned the engine they said it may have more like 78,000 on it, no big deal. Then they sent me an e-mail and said they would send me the vin# to check the mileage. I asked them how do I match a vin# of a car to an engine? They never sent me anymore e-mails or information.
I sent one more e-mail stating people pay for engines and trans. according to miles. So they over charged me. And I told them no matter what their excuse is, a good business would correct the situation since they know they told me the wrong miles. This was the third time I questioned them with this. This time no response they have blown me off ever since.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1 - My engine has 82k miles on it and its not worn out. Chances are they are lying to you and it has more, or it could possible have that and it was just ragged on. Never know, and they probably don't know. It's alot easier to sell a 45k engine vs a 80k engine.

2 - h/c package and the motor runs strong, well then you are going to need a new transmission anyways. The stockers don't last long with a decently powered engine. Hope you have a converter also.

3 - Which sponsors sell used engines/trans?

Sorry for your misfortune, but you may be able to recoup some money for the mileage being wrong, but I really don't see how you could prove it. He said she said kinda thing unless you have documentation then you should get some money back. I'm sure on the paperwork it says used motor/trans if there is even paperwork.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:10 AM
TECH Resident

Location: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga

sponsor feedback section

if they said tough ****. and have not responded in 1 month... post the sponsor. thats not good business ethics. but there are always 2 stories to the side also. i would like to here there side also......if they respond
Old 11-02-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Regular

Since you already opened the motor and put your heads/cam in it I don't think you have a leg to stand on there.... But the crossmember not fitting is an issue. Let me ask you, when you received the motor with no master cylinder, brake booster, and radiator, why didn't you cancel the charge or start something with your credit card company? I'd say them neglecting to include the parts they said they would is pretty bad, also the crossmember not fitting right sucks. Post who it is, I'd like to see their response.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:55 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Please use the Sponsor Feedback forum here and post your complaints. That is why we provide that forum. These other forums are reserved for technical content only.

Quick Reply: Everybody please read (ripped off)