Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel pump issues, need help here

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question fuel pump issues, need help here

finally got my 5.3 in my jeep and all buttoned up. it turns over, it has spark, the run/start wire for the computer is hooked into a run/start wire(the check engine light stays on while cranking), it will fire if i spray ether into the TB. but it wont run,

i am going to check fuel pressure when i get home.

i am running a mallory 4060fi pump. it is rated for 55psi. at the shrader valve on the fuel rail it just runs out like a garden hose, no real pressure. i would have thought it would spray out with 55 psi in the lines. i cleaned the injectors 3 weeks ago in seafoam, and sprayed them full of penitrating oil before i put them in.

any ideas?

thanks
Old 11-05-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

These engines are supposed to have 58 psi at the fuel rail, and if you ahve a pump ratede for 55, I don't think thats going to be adequate. Just don't see a pump rated that low supplying that much fuel pressure.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

3 psi off should have enough to start it. it doesnt have alot of pressure at the shrader valve, do pumps normaly have a checkvalve in them?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

i checked today, i have 58psi when the pump is running. when i shut it off it immediately drops to 0. i need to buy a one way valve for 6an fittings. anyone use an aeromotive one like this

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 11-06-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

then it doesn't sound like the injectors are putting fuel in. Does the pump maintain 58 psi while the engine is cranking over?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

holy crap i spent a week soaking my injectors in seafoam like everyone said, 6 out of 8 were still stuck. i just got done running terasol though them and cycling the injectors, i had to tap them on a piece of wood, but they are all free now, i ordered new orings for them, ill be putting them in tomorrow and trying again.

alsoi dont think the pump runs while its cranking, so that would mean that it didnt have pressure, the checkvalve will be in tuesday. so we will see.

Quick Reply: fuel pump issues, need help here