Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S10 LS1 swap, Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S10 LS1 swap, Help please!

My friend just traded a vehicle for an S10 with an ls1/4L60 swap. The truck runs and drives but today when he traded for it he saw the serpentine belt was super super loose on the pulleys and also the bracket and bolt for the AC condensor seem to be broken. Ideas for both? he's freakin out but I told him to chill and it'll get fixed right. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Brdlvr
My friend just traded a vehicle for an S10 with an ls1/4L60 swap. The truck runs and drives but today when he traded for it he saw the serpentine belt was super super loose on the pulleys and also the bracket and bolt for the AC condensor seem to be broken. Ideas for both? he's freakin out but I told him to chill and it'll get fixed right. Thanks!
Gee, let's see... replace the broke stuff and tighten the belt?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by S10xGN
Gee, let's see... replace the broke stuff and tighten the belt?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't know how you "tighten" a belt when a tensioner is used.

I do know that sometimes a belt can be routed two or even three different ways and it is looser or tighter depending on the routing. I had the correct belt for my car and I took it off for something - and when I put it back on it was way too short - I was going crazy. "Did it shrink?" I thought to myself!!!! until I realized I had it wrong.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies, just wished they were a little nicer, I only asked about them because I wasn't sure how serious they could turn if left untouched for a while
Old 06-28-2011, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Well, you have a broken bolt.............fix it. That goes without saying. There are resources here that have all the part numbers you need.

As far as the belts.......they stretch. Replace the belt. If unsure, you can measure the distance and get a correct length belt.

In the realm of S-Series swaps, if those are your worst problems.....you're lucky. Those are very generic issues that really have nothing to do with the swap. They're just broken/old parts that need to be fixed/replaced.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies, just wished they were a little nicer, I only asked about them because I wasn't sure how serious they could turn if left untouched for a while
Old 06-29-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Brdlvr
Yes, you mentioned this earlier in post #5. My bad on tightening the belt, I use an S&P adjustable tensioner and sometimes forget that it's not "stock". Didn't intend to sound mean, but your problem was pretty basic. The obvious should always be dealt with before coming here for opinions.

Quick Reply: S10 LS1 swap, Help please!