Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing Headers First Gen LS1 F-body Headers

Old 11-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Racing Headers First Gen LS1 F-body Headers

Hey Guys, It took a while (about a year) to finally get a first Gen F-body in the shop that has an LS1 based engine swap and fits all the necessary criteria for prototyping. We've had numerous phone calls for big tube LS1 swap headers for the First Gen's that have all the great features ARH headers are known for. They are now available. I'll have photo's up later today or early tomorrow.
Here's the scoop. The headers were prototyped on a 69 Camaro with stock engine location and stock steering box in place. Mounting brackets are from Street and Performance and frame brackets and mounts are stock. Headers are available in 1-3/4", 1-7/8" and 2" with 3", 3-1/2" or 4" collectors. Custom sizing for collectors is available upon request. They will be 100% U.S. made using 304 S/S. D-port flanges will be available for LS3/LS7 style exhaust ports.
If you have questions please feel free to ask. Stay tuned as we're working on getting photo's up real soon. Thanks.

Nick
A.R. Headers
631-608-1986

Last edited by A.R. Headers; 11-13-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What brand engine and frame stand mounts were used on the car you fabbed the headers on?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by 67SS&99SS
What brand engine and frame stand mounts were used on the car you fabbed the headers on?
The frame brackets and mounts were stock with Street and Performance mounting plates.

Nick
Old 11-13-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There are two different small block frame stands for first gens, a 307/327 frame stand and a 302/350 frame stand. The motor mounts for each stand are different as well. This website will explain it to you better than I ever could. This is where I found out about how to fix my setup. http://www.pozziracing.com/camaro_engine.htm

I'm just posting this to save you and the guys that buy your headers headaches in the future. I had problems with my first set of engine mounts when i put my 350 in my car, but fixed them the second time around when I installed my 406. The different heights of the frame stands will cause the headers to sit lower or higher in the chassis. This amount of difference can cause the headers to hit the steering box with one frame stand, or cause them to touch on the floor pan with the other frame stand. Knowing which frame stand was on your test car will eliminate fitment problems in the future for guys running your headers.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

There's also some confusion from S&P about which engine mounts to use with their plates. If you can list off the exact part numbers for the frame stands and engine mounts that work with your headers, you'll save a lot of headaches/complaints and probably sell a lot of headers too .
Old 11-17-2008, 05:18 PM

here are the pics

Old 11-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Nice looking.. What's the price for 1-3/4 w/ 3"?

How about 1-7/8" w/ 3"?

Thanks, Jason.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking headers but it looks like they will not fit on the passenger side using the new BRP mounts. Again it seems every header manufacturer builds a set of headers that will only fit their mounts. Personally I choose to pick the mount then go for a set of headers that will fit which I am still working on only due to me wanting stainless. This seems to be a bit unfortunate because it leaves the community to figure out what works even if it is hammer to fit and beat to match. If the manufacturers really think about what they are doing they could easily make a set that would fit all the variances. Granted the engine position moves but I really think it could be accounted for by clearing the idler arm and the steering box by making sure the headers are pushed towards the motor until they clear these 2 items. Clearance is huge once these items are accounted for. Nick I can send some pics to you if you are interested shoot me a reply.

Last edited by 69 Ghost; 11-18-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Racinjason424
Nice looking.. What's the price for 1-3/4 w/ 3"?

How about 1-7/8" w/ 3"?

Thanks, Jason.
OK the pricing for the headers are as follows,you will get the headers and 2 6" extensions with clamps for the remainder of the exaust to be built off of

1-3/4x3 $865
1-7/8x3 $895
1-7/8x3.5 $920

We also offer a 2" header with many options for more race oriented vehilces as far as collector sizes and such those start at $995 a set
Old 03-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Default Works of Art..

I just received my ARH Headers today for my '69 F-Body and I have to admit, they are absolutely works of art.. The craftsmanship, fit and finish is nicer than anything I've seen before.. I cant stop looking at them!

Do yourself a favor, don't buy the $5-600.00 dollar cookie cutter headers. Spend a little more and buy these hand built, MADE IN THE USA custom Headers and you won't be disappointed..

One feature that sold me was the 304 SS used in their products is exclusively produced right here in the USA (not imported) and they are one of the few, if not only companies that provide a SS flange as well.. Tom and Nick were both great to work with and they promptly processed my order and answered all my questions. If you want a beautiful, quality Header, don't think twice. Call ARH!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the kind words Jason it was a pleasure doing buisness with you. When you get them installed send us some pics of your build we'd love to see them on your car
Old 03-20-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Will these work on 68'-72' ls powered Nova's?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Would you guys consider building some headers for G-body cars?
Old 03-21-2009, 05:44 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you happen to have any installed pictures? I am curious about how far the header hangs below the subframe (for lowered cars). Any info would be appreciated.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't find better guys to deal with than Nick and Tom at ARH. I run their 1 7/8 on my C5 and the fit and finish is perfect.

I ran over a large rock on the highway in traffic that crushed 2 of the primaries on the drives side. Nick made up just that side for me so I didn't have to buy a whole set - again. Nick even called me to make sure I got them.

Glad to see you guys a cracking the F-body crowd.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by SlvrSierra4.8
Will these work on 68'-72' ls powered Nova's?
Not sure if they would fit as we have'nt tried it yet. Is your build ready for headers?

Originally Posted by SilverBullet73
Would you guys consider building some headers for G-body cars?
If there is enough call for them sure it takes a tremendous amount of time and material to make a production system. There has to be enough interest to recoup the initial investment. We do tons of in house on-off custom stuff on g-bodys can't remember if we've had an LSX swap though usually big blocks with some type of forced induction 10" tire stuff

Originally Posted by 130fe
Do you happen to have any installed pictures? I am curious about how far the header hangs below the subframe (for lowered cars). Any info would be appreciated.
WE don't have any installed pics hopefully the guys that install them will take pics and post them
Old 03-22-2009, 09:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tom@ARH
If there is enough call for them sure it takes a tremendous amount of time and material to make a production system. There has to be enough interest to recoup the initial investment. We do tons of in house on-off custom stuff on g-bodys can't remember if we've had an LSX swap though usually big blocks with some type of forced induction 10" tire stuff
What do you charge for a custom set? Can you guys rework one of the primaries on my headers? I had to dent in one primary tubes so it would fit, you can see the pic of the header in my sig.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:13 AM

prices range depending on what you want to do mild or stainless just headers or full exhaust.we would need the car to do a custom job. as far as reworking the one tube you dimpled not sure what we could do. I would ne to know how much room I would have opposite the dimple to rework it. Your in Jersey give us a call in the shop and we can discuss options to get you setup correctly 631-608-1986

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: American Racing Headers First Gen LS1 F-body Headers