Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauges for 240sx with LSX swap (Post your pics w/ specs)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 06:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges for 240sx with LSX swap (Post your pics w/ specs)

Ok, Im planning to make this a sticky in the near future when we get enough information from our fellow members on LS1tech.com

Ok, I have a 240sx with an LS1 swap, and I've been looking around for gauges, as temp, tacho, speedo, etc...

So which ones would you guys recommend, and how did you install them + mount them to your dash?

Thanks
Old 11-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Teching In

I have an ls1 rx7 and I used prosport guages because they were nice and cheap. The only issue is they do not make a speedo so I have gone to autometer now.

All autometer is the cluster and a center pod where the clock went with aem wideband, auto meter nitrous pressure and prosport fuel pressure. There is pretty much no way to make it look nice unless you buy all of the same thing and autometer is really too expensive in my opinion.

Good luck! Post up with what you do. www.v8rx7forum.com has a lot of good info on the topic too. Just do a search for guages
Old 11-22-2008, 06:48 AM
TECH Regular

yeah but I was thinking of making a sticky, which would help the customers and the sponsers to come along and see what are the most wanted and good functioning gauges... post pictures people com'on...
Old 11-22-2008, 07:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am using all the stock instrumentation. If I were to go aftermarket gauges I would go with Defi gauges. They are pricey but very very nice. The only problem is they don't make a speedometer for some strange reason. I like everything to match.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:33 AM
TECH Regular

I actually saw and heard alot about Defi gauges.. but they extremely pricey... but what about how u kept ur stock gauges isn't that what everyone is trying to do? how did u manage to do that?! hope you are willing to share the knowledge...

Thanks
Old 11-22-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The tach works directly off the tach signal from the computer. Use a Dakata Digital box to make the VSS signal work with the factory speedometer. The water temp gauge is simply a matter of using the stock Nissan temp sender and mounting it in one of the water jackets on the motor. Mine was tapped into the water pump.

My new setup will be running a Mast Motorsports ECM on a L92 engine. They use CAN Bus signals and can also output signals for electronic gauges as well. I will use the analog signals to work the temp gauge, use the VSS off the trans for the speedo, tach signal on the new ECM is a V8 signal so I will have to use another Dakota Digital converter to convert to a 4 cylinder signal, then I will use a CAN Bus instrument to display all the other engine parameters similar to what the Drivers Information Center does in the GM vehicles. Link to the CAN Bus instrument HERE
Old 11-22-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

you can kinda see my setup here

all autometer, custom panel.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Launching!

not a 240 but this is what i did in my 87 camaro. Marshall SCX gauges mounted to a custom panel made from tinted 1/4" acryllic. Gauges were under $300 and look great. LED backlight and stepper motor drives for great accuracy.

Last edited by 1987earthquake; 11-22-2008 at 11:41 AM. Reason: forgot pics
Old 11-22-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking

Originally Posted by Kamin

Woooow.... It's Ricer-rrific!!

KIDDING! I'm KIDDING!! The dash panel actually looks pretty decent - although I've gotta tell ya, when I saw that reddish-looking steering column, the first thing I thought of was a blow-off valve...

What's all of the wiring @ the right?
Old 11-23-2008, 04:03 AM
Staging Lane

stock or go with something like AIM/Stack cluster.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kamin

Do you have any instructions how you did this?
Old 12-26-2014, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

Dude you bumped a thread from 08 . If you want some great information about custom gauges and the like....hit up Broadfield he is a member on the Nissan forums. The guy does some amazing clean work and has helped other members out with general information to get this done.

http://www.broadfieldcustoms.com/cus...ofit-clusters/

Quick Reply: Gauges for 240sx with LSX swap (Post your pics w/ specs)