Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to figure out the DBW pedal differences

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trying to figure out the DBW pedal differences

I'm trying to find out what different DBW pedals i can use with my 5.3 and harness. I've got a C5 DBW pedal assembly (will post pics later), and I need to know if I can use it with my motor/harness. I know there are several different types of plugs on the different pedals.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:58 AM
Staging Lane

Great question, I've been wondering this as well, and with all the scouring of the net, I still can't find an answer...so bump to the top...cmon, anybody know?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

truck pedals and vette pedals have different resistance and aren't interchangeable. Thats most likely why the plugs on them are different. FWIW.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That is a very loaded question.
Truck pedals, Vette Pedals, and GTO pedals are all different. Most of the truck and Vette pedal's are interchangeable depending on different years, although some wiring changes usually need to be made as well.
The GTO pedal doesn't interchange with anything. So a pretty good rule of thumb is to use the pedal that matches the program in the computer.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

So if I have an 07 motor is it safe to say any 07 model dbw pedal should work? I found an 07 dbw pedal out of a cobalt, any idea if that will work?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 12-11-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No idea on that one.
I have interchanged the '07 silverado/Trailblazer pedal and Vette pedals with success, but haven't tried any of the one's from a Cobalt.
Couldn't hurt to try. Sometimes it is just a couple of wires that need to get switched around, but most of the time, if they don't work, they don't work.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

well i have the pedal from a c5 setting here, not sure what year. The motor and wiring harness from an 05 silverado. i know the truck and vette pedals are both 9 pin, but i dont know if the plugs are the same.

so i would think if the plugs are the same then plug and play! if they're not the same, then a simple changing of the connector on the end of the tac harness or at most, have speartech make a tac harness with truck plug on one side and vette on plug on other seems like the only real hassle, no?

Am, i just way off in la la land on this one, or am i on the right track?
Old 12-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACCEL...2em118Q2el1247

OK, after reading that WHOLE damned list in the description, it basically tells you what will work, I am guessing that if you change out the sensor, you'll be ok, but I'd contact somebody at the chevy dealership to ask for sure.

I emailed this seller to see if they knew more, they've got more than one kit on there that is DBW and they say that they can get you the pedal and everything else you need...so I figured they might be able to help out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-8L-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Staging Lane

I spoke with the second link, they will sell everything for about 150 and it fits right in, so they're helpful people, you may want to ask them about what you've got to see if you need anything else, and they'll help you out.

Good luck
Old 01-31-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, it's been over a year since this thread....I have been reading various threads where a C5 pedal will work with a Vortec Tac and harness by switching a few wires around.

Who has successfully done this and which wires need to be switched?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Trying to figure out the DBW pedal differences