Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another LS fox swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another LS fox swap

New around here and to the LS engine, but have had respect for them forever even with me being more into the mustangs. I have a perfect 1987 coupe that has been totally redone just the engine isnt up to par, needs more go. I started gathering parts and was going to go with a 4.6 2v and a single turbo backed up with a 4r70w MV/trans brake. Then I got to thinking and talking with some buddies that have done/or in the middle of their swap and talking about how much they would have in it.

Itll be a street/strip car and will most likely get a 4l80 with a manual valvebody/transbrake since I will be driving it on the street for extended periods of time. Would like to have it running mid 6's 1/8th mile on motor and will spray it to high 5's low 6's (if this is possible). I would like to do this on a stock short block (ARP rod bolts, MLS headgaskets/studs) again if this sounds possible. What car/truck should I be looking to get the engine/trans from? I want to stay FI and would like to run the victor jr intake and one of their low profile elbows to the passenger side so I can run a factory like powerpipe out of the hole already cut in the inner fender. We are in the same town as PCM for less and will likely have Alvin get me a custom ground cam and whatever springs/pushrods that needs to go along.

The car has full team z rear suspension and a upr front (will likely swap to team z so everything matches). Where should I start my search and parts list?

Here is a few pics of how the car sits now.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Man that's a clean *** Fox Body I can't wait to see it when it's done !
Old 06-11-2014, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice, good luck with the swap
Old 06-13-2014, 08:10 AM
9 Second Club

oooo white coupe, after cleaning and waxing my black coupe I wish mine was white
Old 06-13-2014, 08:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bowtiedford
oooo white coupe, after cleaning and waxing my black coupe I wish mine was white
It's actually tan on tan.

Been doing some research and I'm going to go with an 02+ LQ4 stock bottom end unless I absolutely have to rering and new bearings, ARP rod bolts, looking at either picking up some 799 or l92 heads and doing some milling on them to get the compression around 10.5:and a good valve job, custom cam spec'd for it, single plane efi intake with a elbow on it.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:37 AM
9 Second Club

and thats why I wear glasses,
Just make sure you know which reluctor wheel your motor has on it. I went to a 58x and found out that it needs different things on it to make it work. would have been a lot easier to go carb lol

Quick Reply: Another LS fox swap