Sponsored by:

Charcoal canister for land cruiser conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charcoal canister for land cruiser conversion

Hello All,

I am putting a 6.0 vortec (LQ4) into a ’87 land cruiser. I would like to keep the evap emissions working, but I am wondering whether or not to get a canister from a vortec or LS1 and keep the fuel tank pressure measurement and purge valve, or get an older canister W/O purge valve. The one from my land cruiser I6 had its own purge valve and other doodads, but I’m not sure it is compatible. As you can probably tell I am not that well versed in emissions, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin
Old 10-29-2003, 08:27 AM
Launching!

I'm a beginner at this also..but my guess is that you would need the engine's doner canister with the proper connections ortherwise modify your harness or get a stand alone harness. I am going to try and use the most connections (read; emissions) as possible myself.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cal99
Hello All,

I am putting a 6.0 vortec (LQ4) into a ’87 land cruiser. I would like to keep the evap emissions working, but I am wondering whether or not to get a canister from a vortec or LS1 and keep the fuel tank pressure measurement and purge valve, or get an older canister W/O purge valve. The one from my land cruiser I6 had its own purge valve and other doodads, but I’m not sure it is compatible. As you can probably tell I am not that well versed in emissions, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin
If you are going to take this to the refere It will have to Have all the trinkage that came with the donor car.
What state emmissions do you have to comply with?
Old 10-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Teching In

I am in Houston, TX. The "refs"don't seem to be too strict here, but they do a dyno sniff test and a gas cap check. I am not sure how detailed the inspection is though.

Originally Posted by LS1silvy
If you are going to take this to the refere It will have to Have all the trinkage that came with the donor car.
What state emmissions do you have to comply with?
Old 10-31-2003, 04:46 AM
Launching!

The cannister is part of the emission equipment and if they do the gas cap test ...they can tell it's not there by the vacuum...

Quick Reply: Charcoal canister for land cruiser conversion