Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.7 to Ls1 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.7 to Ls1 Swap

I have a 1995 Chevrolet K1500 4x4 pickup and i was wondering what i would have to do to bolt up an Ls1 in it? What parts would i need and how much work is it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't mean to be rude but there are TONS of threads about this if you just search.

You can get some motor mount plates which will allow you to bolt your new LSx engine to any sbc mounts. They usually cost around $40-60. And if your going to use the trans. which came with your new LS motor you will need to modify your original trans mount or find and buy an adapter setup.

The wiring will have to be made to work "stand alone" which you can do yourself with all the great pinouts and diagrams on this board or buy one from a sponser or the like.

Its usually the easiest for people to get the harness and pcm along with there motor so you dont have to worry about repinning and/or changing the OS on the pcm. You will need somebody to program out the vats so you can start it without the bcm.

If you are going to use the trans that you have in the truck now you will more than likely need an adapter to get it to work, but it will bolt directly to the engine minus 1 bolt. Here is a good thread on old school autos mated to LS engines which you can easily find with search. https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...0r4-4l60e.html

If you need any info don't hesitate to ask once you have used the search feature. And welcome to the boards.

Quick Reply: 5.7 to Ls1 Swap