Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my fuel injectors. Need help with them

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my fuel injectors. Need help with them

I want to clean them and make sure they work. I would like to take them out and clean them and make them fire off in my hand. Do I just hit it with 12v on one side and a ground on the other. What is the best stuff to clean them with. They have been sitting there for almost 2 years. The guy started the car at the junk yard and it ran until fuel lines where empty, there was no fuel tank. So the injector got ran dry. Help
Old 05-26-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm i wouldnt try to clean injectors out of the car. I think that you should just install them and run some sea foam or 'guranteed to pass emmissions' in your fuel to clean them. They are the two best cleaners i have found for injectors.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed, without a means of feeding solvent through the injectors under pressure, you won't accomplish any useful amount of cleaning.

If you just want to test to ensure they're not seized, ground one pin and feed 12VDC to the other...you should hear an audible click as soon as the 12V is applied. Stuck injectors won't click.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want the no-hassle way to clean them, take them to a shop that has an ultrasonic cleaner and fllowbench. I think it cost me about $65 the last time I did that.

For a little more you can have them matched for flow.

The injector cleaning places use stoddard solvent to flow them which is less flamable than gasoline and they do it into a sealed graduated cylinder. You don't want to be spraying atomized gasoline into the air at home - you're just asking for trouble.

If you want the cheap route, take and stand them on end in a tray and pour Seafoam in them and let them sit for a while. Rinse them out with carb cleaner using one of those straws they come with and install them on the car. They should be fine. Keep them clean and cover the ports till you install them.