Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWBIE+LSx SWAP=OH GOD PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 02:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWBIE+LSx SWAP=OH GOD PLEASE HELP!

Ok, I bought a 4.3 Gmc Jimmy as my DD since the T/A doens't seat 2 car seats well,lol. Has decent power but not near enough, I even tried to spray it and could only run with a new model mustang. So I bought a 5.3, harness and computer that turns out I don't need because mine is a 2001 and my current computer can be reflashed to work. The motor has an ls1 cam and I am putting an ls1 intake/injectors/fuel rails/TB, and I am wondering on what kind of hp #s anybody my know about. The main question I have is the motor has no accessories, could I buy a water pump from an fbody or vette and use my current alt., a/c compressor and ps pump with custom brackets? Also how do I need to go about it? Straight edge from water pump and mount the stuff wherever? Any help would be awesome. I also plan on using manifolds instead of headers for now due to $$$, would I not see more 1/4 gains w/ a 3000-3500 converter? Thanks.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not experienced enough to answer most of your questions, but I can tell you that it may be easier to go buy the whole front accessories setup from a junkyard. I had considered fabbing my own brackets and using a different alternator, but in the end it was simpler for me to get the whole setup from a wrecked vehicle. Good luck with the rest of the build. Keep looking through this section and PM a few members running vehicles/setups similar to yours...I'm sure they'll be happy to help you.