Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Body 6.0 lsx build

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 06:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox Body 6.0 lsx build

Hi there evryone. Im new to the forums and this breed of cars so please take it easy on me! lol

First of all i bought a 88 mustang coupe and it is basically going to be a drag/street car. But I need ur help for the first part of my project.

I am in the process of looking for a 6.0 and really just need to know the ups and downs to the different 6.0 motors. I know they come in alot of different automobiles. Also im looking for the iron block 6.0

I Found a 6.0 motor in a 05 or 04 express van the other day for a really good price but im not sure if that will work with my project if anyone knows please inform me. I was just unsure about the ecu and wiring harness working with my swap. like is the ecu like the trucks ecu and can be changed and tuned and all that. Like i said im new but have done a fair share of researching just wanna hear opinions on this one.

Also one more thing can anyone explain the difference to me in a lq4 and lq9? thanks

Thanks
Tony

Last edited by Supratp23; 07-05-2009 at 06:06 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Can anyone help me out please. Thanks
Tony
Old 07-07-2009, 05:57 PM
12 Second Club

Ok the 6.0 is a great platform to work of off. You could build a 408 or just put a decent set of heads and a nice cam and pump out 480 rwhp.. As far as the different types of 6.0's I'm not a 100% on them, and don't want to give you wrong infomation. Now for wiring painless wiring makes a kit. And I think a company called spartech. maybe??? Just hit up the search bottom type of page and type in LS1 mustang. You will find all the infomation that your looking for. I hope this helps and welcome to the forum... Drew

Quick Reply: Fox Body 6.0 lsx build