Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help....LSX Newbie!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help....LSX Newbie!!!

Since an LSX engine makes more sense than an old school SBC I decided to use one in my next crawler project(still gathering parts so no real pics yet!!).

Heres my questions.

I bought a 2002 LQ9 out of a Escalade but the harness and PCM were missing.
Will a 2004 harness and 12576106 PCM work on this engine?? I am planning to have the PCM flashed to remove all un-needed emission equipment.But I want to go with a cable type throttle body.

Do I need an earlier PCM and harness???

Also what is the best year(s) car/truck cable throttle body to use???(I am keeping the LQ9 intake....)

Believe me I have searched and cant really find the exact answers or maybe Im retarded with the search function......

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

easier to stand alone harness with either lq4 or lq9 pcm 00-07', flashed to remove emission as youre planning. truck and fbody use same tb design, but truck has larger throttle arm, both 3 bolt 78mm, easier to use cable driven over dbw.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NemeSS
easier to stand alone harness with either lq4 or lq9 pcm 00-07', flashed to remove emission as youre planning. truck and fbody use same tb design, but truck has larger throttle arm, both 3 bolt 78mm, easier to use cable driven over dbw.
Thanks for the reply....

Just before I checked this thread I called Jims Performance and talked to him about converting the harness and a performance reflash my pcm and he said its really no problem just send it to him.

Good price and he does alot of these for the crawler crowd.