Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 corvette accelerator (gas) pedal connector vs. 2007 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 corvette accelerator (gas) pedal connector vs. 2007 Silverado

Hi guys, I'm having problems with the following connectors. My engine is from a 2007 chevy silverado 4x4 with L59 engine. It is DBW. I have the original 2007 Silverado wiring harness from the TAC to the gas pedal (GM #15233969). I also have the drive by wire gas pedal from the silverado (GM #15107594).

Since I couldn't get the plastic Silverado gas pedal to fit in my conversion car, I had to buy a 2006 Corvette gas pedal (GM #25835421).

I've got a couple of questions.

1) The connectors for the Silverado and Corvette at the gas pedal are different. Both are six wires, but one of the wires is a different color and all of the wires are rearranged. Can I just rewire my current "TAC to gas pedal" wiring harness to work with the Silverado TAC?

2) Does anyone have pinouts for both of these connectors so I can compare?

3) Will a 2007 Silverado TAC module work with a 2006 corvette gas pedal provided I can rewire the wire harness correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The connector on the left is the 2007 Silverado connector. The right is the 2006 Corvette connector. Pinouts for both?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails 2006 corvette accelerator (gas) pedal connector vs. 2007 Silverado-snc00105.jpg   2006 corvette accelerator (gas) pedal connector vs. 2007 Silverado-snc00106.jpg  
Old 07-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Teching In

go to repair procedures.com. The last time I used it you could get a 24 hour pass for free and have access to service manuals, with pinout diagrams, for all vehicles. Alldatadiy.com is another good site for online access to service manuals. This will make your project much easier.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Can anyone tell me what dbw pedals and TACs they have run with the Gen III Vortec 5.3L? I'm using an L59 version.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

I hear, and have not yet tested, that swapping a 1997 through 2004 Corvette pedal and TAC will work.

I'm still trying to find one for cheap enough for a test.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would be very surprised if the Vette pedal works with the Silvy ECM. Even if they are wired according to the pinouts, different pedals output different voltages to the ECM and some also sweep differently. (ex. APP1 would sweep from low voltage to high voltage, and APP 2 sweep from high voltage to low voltage. On some pedals both APP1 and APP2 sweep from low voltage to high voltage.) The safest bet is to match the pedal to the ECM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:40 AM
Teching In

Smile

I saw that on the corvette pedal and I flipped the wires around so that both of the APP sensors were increasing in the same direction. I thought I could fool the TAC, but it didn't work. I still got DTC errors with this pedal.

Is this a mystery to everyone? Or is it so easy that no one bothers to post a reply?

What DBW pedals and TACs work with the GEN III L59 engine?
Old 08-28-2009, 02:54 AM
On The Tree

Get the pedal for the vehicle that the motor, PCM and TAC module (if applicable) came out of. Almost all of the pedals work differently and are not interchangeable.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Well, the problem is that the Silverado pedal that matches the engine is plastic and it doesn't fit into the pedal compartment of my conversion vehicle. I can't modify the silverado pedal to fit. Therefore, I need to find a pedal and TAC that will work.

I'm looking for a Drive-by-wire pedal that is made of metal so I can weld it at a different angle to fit in my application.

I'm not going to buy a whole other engine just to get a gas pedal that fits into my truck.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

I'm currently fighting the same issue. Though my engine is a 2006 L59.
As I fight with it I will report what I learn. There is a way to do this.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Wink

Originally Posted by 46Coupe
I'm currently fighting the same issue. Though my engine is a 2006 L59.
As I fight with it I will report what I learn. There is a way to do this.
Here is a thought for my situation which is much like those faced by you folks above.

I purchased a 2001 corvette pedal for my conversion project but cannot find a TAC module at an affordable price ($340 was quoted to me today). I also have a 2004 Silverado pedal and can get a TAC Module for $90 for it.

I noticed the Throttle Positioning sensor looks exactly the same for both pedals. My guess is they are somewhat different on the inside. Maybe .. Maybe not.

Since the sensor bolts up to the pedal the same, why couldn't I switch the sensors (put the truck sensor on the corvette pedal) and then use the Truck TAC Module. If necessary, flash the ECU with the truck throttle tables?

Corvette Pedal Sensor

Silverado Pedal Sensor

Current Ebay Listing for Silverado sensor.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACCEL...15142005r15137

It might just work.

Last edited by modracer33; 08-28-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by superdylan
Well, the problem is that the Silverado pedal that matches the engine is plastic and it doesn't fit into the pedal compartment of my conversion vehicle. I can't modify the silverado pedal to fit. Therefore, I need to find a pedal and TAC that will work.

I'm looking for a Drive-by-wire pedal that is made of metal so I can weld it at a different angle to fit in my application.

I'm not going to buy a whole other engine just to get a gas pedal that fits into my truck.
You dont have to buy another engine. Just get a different ECM (preferably one that does not require a TAC module, E40 for example) and match the pedal to the ECM. Then just have the ECM tuned for your motor.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Launching!

2005+ corvette pedal is out of the question....it is based on the Gen IV operating system & ECM, uses no TAC module at all. If you are running / keeping the truck throttle body from the 07 silverado, here is what you do.....

Use the '07 truck throttle body (assuming its a "old body style" gen III motor, by the post and pictures of the truck pedal)

Use a 2002-2007 truck TAC module

Use a 1997-2004 Vette Pedal.

The trick is, that you can interchange the Pedal between truck and vette.....but the TAC must match the Throttle Body. Secondly, the operating system of the computer must match the TAC and Throttle body also (i.e....truck throttle body & TAC = blue / green ECM, and appropriate tune based on truck file) OR . . . . ( Vette throttle body / TAC....red / blue computer, and appropriate VETTE program based computer) -04 vettes used a blue/green connector computer, they are the only exception, all other years up till then are red-blue

The only variable that I cant tell you for certian, is if the harness between the pedal and the TAC is the same for truck and vette. I know it will plug in with the same connectors, but i believe there is 2 wires that must be transposed when switching between vette and truck pedals with a truck TAC. Call Robert @ fuel injection connection (303) 641-6400, he will verifty this and help you out, nice guy!

Ive done this exact swap several times, took a little trial and error on my part the first time, but it is something that I know works and have done many times since.

ALSO . . . . . .(not done, sorry!) You cant use the later model PCM to "eliminate" the TAC module on your motor....it is a 24x reluctor and 1x cam sensor motor, and needs to be run with the corresponding 07 (old body style) and below computer. Gen III computers wont read Gen IV crank signals, and vice versa. The only exception to this is the LS2 GTO cars.....they use a Gen IV "tac-less" pedal and the Gen IV computer, but are a 24x motor, actually the ONLY 24x LS2 that was made. These are the only ECM's of the IV Gen cars that can read 24x, you could try this approach with the 06 vette pedal, if you like. Just remember that the Gen IV ECM's wont control automatic transmissions, they use a seperate computer with a jumper harness for that. I would just stick with the gen III truck computer, truck throttle body, truck TAC module, and a 97-04 Vette pedal, with the TAC module-pedal harness wired correctly.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-29-2009, 01:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LQ9CHEVELLE
ALSO . . . . . .(not done, sorry!) You cant use the later model PCM to "eliminate" the TAC module on your motor....it is a 24x reluctor and 1x cam sensor motor, and needs to be run with the corresponding 07 (old body style) and below computer. Gen III computers wont read Gen IV crank signals, and vice versa. The only exception to this is the LS2 GTO cars.....they use a Gen IV "tac-less" pedal and the Gen IV computer, but are a 24x motor, actually the ONLY 24x LS2 that was made. These are the only ECM's of the IV Gen cars that can read 24x, you could try this approach with the 06 vette pedal, if you like. Just remember that the Gen IV ECM's wont control automatic transmissions, they use a seperate computer with a jumper harness for that. I would just stick with the gen III truck computer, truck throttle body, truck TAC module, and a 97-04 Vette pedal, with the TAC module-pedal harness wired correctly.
The GTO LS2 is controlled by the E40. This is why I used the E40 as an example. Also the GTO is not the only 24x LS2 that does not have a TAC module. The 05 Vette, the 05-06 SSR, and the 06 TBSS all have 24x LS2s, they don't have TAC modules, and they are controlled by the E40.

Last edited by branndonw; 08-29-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Launching!

Every '06 TBSS ive seen @ the dealer or the dyno shop has been a 58X motor, grey plug crank sensor. Ive never looked at the SSR though. Just trying to help the guy out with the easiest solution, to the parts he already has to work with
Old 08-29-2009, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

Every '06 TBSS ive seen @ the dealer or the dyno shop has been a 58X motor, grey plug crank sensor.
Then it wasn't an '06. It was an '07+. All '06 TBSS are 24x E40 ECM. 07+ TBSS are 58x and E67 ECM.

Last edited by branndonw; 08-29-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Teching In

2005+ corvette pedal is out of the question....it is based on the Gen IV operating system & ECM, uses no TAC module at all. If you are running / keeping the truck throttle body from the 07 silverado, here is what you do.....

Use the '07 truck throttle body (assuming its a "old body style" gen III motor, by the post and pictures of the truck pedal)

The trick is, that you can interchange the Pedal between truck and vette.....but the TAC must match the Throttle Body. Secondly, the operating system of the computer must match the TAC and Throttle body also (i.e....truck throttle body & TAC = blue / green ECM, and appropriate tune based on truck file) OR . . . . ( Vette throttle body / TAC....red / blue computer, and appropriate VETTE program based computer) -04 vettes used a blue/green connector computer, they are the only exception, all other years up till then are red-blue

The only variable that I cant tell you for certian, is if the harness between the pedal and the TAC is the same for truck and vette. I know it will plug in with the same connectors, but i believe there is 2 wires that must be transposed when switching between vette and truck pedals with a truck TAC. Call Robert @ fuel injection connection (303) 641-6400, he will verifty this and help you out, nice guy!

Ive done this exact swap several times, took a little trial and error on my part the first time, but it is something that I know works and have done many times since.

Hope this helps!
I read above and while I am sure you know what you are talking about, I admit I am confused. I see this kit at paceperformance:

http://paceperformance.com/index.asp...&ProdID=198621

The kit provides everything you need to run a DBW system. However, the one missing piece is the throttlebody. In your post you indicate that the critical component is that the TAC must match the Throttlebody. Okay, they do list the engines it will work with so maybe they assume the throttle body you are working with. I don't know.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

LQ9CHEVELLE,

You kick ***.
Thank you for this information. It is going to really help those like myself that merely want a gas pedal that can be modified to fit our cars and not switch to cable. DBW is something I really want to retain because I think it has a certain cool factor to it.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Basically, you can switch pedals between the two, but the computer, TAC module and TB must be of the same system

Vette TB, Vette TAC & Vette computer
Truck TB, Truck TAC & Truck computer

Then use which pedal you want, and make sure the harness that links the pedal to the TAC module is wired accordingly. I don't know which wires are different, i have my "guy" that takes care of that!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Launching!

I see what PACE is doing, they are basically giving u a computer, TAC and Pedal for a corvette, but when they say it works for 4.8-6.0 truck engines, they have a "adaptor" for the TB plug, and change some wiring. Different way to do it, but it must work. It is cheaper to use the truck TAC and do the method i described for your silverado motor, as the corvette TAC is twice the price. Notice that it lists 2000-2001 DBW truck motors as being directly compatible, this is because they used a corvette style TB for the first year, on tahoes and some suburbans only. only difference was that the TB motor was on the opposite side, so it wouldn't interfere with the truck ACC drive and alt.

It can get confusing! Its like a contest to see how many different ways you can make a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. They all taste good, but some cost $1500 and some cost $800 OTD LOL
Originally Posted by modracer33
I read above and while I am sure you know what you are talking about, I admit I am confused. I see this kit at paceperformance:

http://paceperformance.com/index.asp...&ProdID=198621

The kit provides everything you need to run a DBW system. However, the one missing piece is the throttlebody. In your post you indicate that the critical component is that the TAC must match the Throttlebody. Okay, they do list the engines it will work with so maybe they assume the throttle body you are working with. I don't know.

Quick Reply: 2006 corvette accelerator (gas) pedal connector vs. 2007 Silverado