Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1937 Ford LS2 Install

Old 09-10-2009, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Russel makes fittings to work with the fuel line quick disconnects. Look under fuel rail adapters.

Here is a aeromotive one also http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AEI-15103/
Old 09-11-2009, 05:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 167 Likes on 97 Posts

Got the Rear Disc brake set-up today and started making the Hood latching assy ......the donor car was a VW Beetle.......and Thanks for the Fitting info

Ken
Old 09-23-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Took a left turn after some parts issues....The Maverick rear end (As I got into it) had some issues...so I swapped it out for a 66 Nova rear end (4.10 gears) that I took out of the Blue 66 Nova many years ago (Thanks for the storage Gary).....Had to cut off the Nova spring pads and weld new ones on......Got it installed today along with the rear disc set-up....Now I can get it fitted correctly for rims and tires........

Different Bolt pattern on the rear now.....

Also.......Just as I was leaving.....The Wise Guy's front bench seat showed up.....Bench w/ Split Bucket backs with center armrest...

Ken
Old 09-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Teching In

WOW...That Magnificent!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:43 AM
On The Tree

Looking good! Keep us posted on updates. Not a Ford but here is my build. https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...evy-coupe.html
Old 09-24-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 Coupe
Looking good! Keep us posted on updates. Not a Ford but here is my build. https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...evy-coupe.html

Wow!!..........Car turned out great.......I can't wait

Ken
Old 09-27-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Finally got the Hood Latch assy installed......the latch will be opened by a cable from inside the car......The Volkswagen unit is pretty cooland also has a safety Catch built into it......Still have to clean it up and smooth everything out....but....it works

Ken
Old 10-01-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I need some more help guy's.......Still got some Boring stuff to do, but I decided to get going on the Fresh Air Intake system today......My plans are to construct a filtered cold air box that will be mounted next to the openings on the driver side Hood side....Need to make a 90 degree turn out of the Intake( I have 3 1/2" clearance between the intake manifold and the Fan assy)......so.....my question is.....Is there somewhere that sells plastic elbows that might work??........Before I spend all the time to make something I thought I would ask here as you guy's seem to know everything..

Again......Thanks in Advance
Ken

Old 10-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

www.intakehoses.com
Old 10-16-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Finally got back on the Project.....Took the trunk handle assy off and added a cable operated VW latch mechanism.....Got a Daewoo cable operated Trunk/Gas Door release assy off Ebay and it will be used to open both the Hood and the Trunk......Got it roughly located in front of the rear seat next to the interior quarter panel.....That way it will be out of the way, Yet within easy reach....also got the holes in the trunk welded up....Here are some pic's

Heres a shot looking up from inside the trunk up at the trunk hinge area.....Look at the 72 year old bare
sheetmetal

Next is to put the new front floor in so I can get the seat mounted and measured so I can measure and order a Steering Column.......

Ken
Old 10-22-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Started on replacing the front floor that got cut out early in the build to allow the frame modifications and installation of the Engine/Trans assy......Time to button it up and get the new floor put back in......I bought a "Bitch'in" floor kit, but...... I knew the car was going to be Low so I mounted the Engine/Trans assy so the Engine/Trans pans were about at the same level as the front crossmember.....Just to make sure I wouldn't have problems later...with that said..the 4L65E transmission is bigger that a Turbo 350, so......I had to cut apart the trans Tunnel/Hump and make everything fit....Here are some pic's.......Should have it buttoned up tomorrow.....Ordered a Ididit Tilt/ Column shift steering column and it should be in next week... The list of things to do is getting shorter..........

Ken
Old 10-23-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got the trans tunnel finished today......Everything was going smooth till the tube of Seam Sealer split.....Boy....that stuff is hard to get off.....LOL....Mounting the Steering column is next....

Ken
Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

Default Very cool!

Nice job Ken. Time for some more pictures.

Jonathan
Old 10-27-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Amazing build!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got the "Shorty" Ididit column today (Tilt, Column Shift)....I'll get it Installed in a week or so....(SEMA Break)....It's gonna start to get interesting again....Column, GTO Instrument Module, getting the Speartech Harness in the car, Modify the stock gastank with GTO Pump/Sender assy..........The car is going to the Paint shop the first week of December and is scheduled to be finished mid Feb and scheduled for upholstry mid-April and I want to have it finished Early June so I can take it on the Hot Rod Power Tour next year (Long Haul)........Here's a rendering of the Paint/ Wheel Tire Combo

Ken
Old 10-28-2009, 09:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by kwhizz

Damn that's going to look nice! Are you using a cable for your shifter to hook up to the shorty column?

And, you've got your work cut out for you to get it done for the Power Tour. I'll look for you there, I'm thinking I might take my '33 next year.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes........I'm using a modified Lokar column shift cable ......I'll post pic's as I go along..............

Ken
Old 10-28-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

I used a shifter cable out of a Mack truck, I just had to make the brackets to mount it. Works great, and the best part is it was free! We got a new fleet of trucks at work with push button shifters, and our parts department was throwing the old but still new parts away, so I talked to the parts guy......
Old 12-05-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's been a while since the last post.......getting around to fitting the GTO dash module .....Bent up some tubing and made a bezel for fitting into the dash...

\

Also I got the steering column in and mounted....

Also got the cable shifter bracket made and installed....works great

I cheated and using Solidworks I made a solid model of the column and mount in position to see how everything would fit......then used the model for drawings......

Old 12-05-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also got into figuring out what I would need to get the Fuel system and Dash Gauge module to work.......I ended up getting a GTO tank and cut it up and removed everything in it so when I get around to modifying the stock tank I will have everything I need for the Mod's..

I also found a Tight 90 elbow that lets everything fit between the engine and the Radiator/Fan assy.....got Lucky....I just have to remount the Power Steering Resevour in a different position...

And.....the sheetmetal is coming off and going to the Body Shop for Prep and paint.......

A few things need finishing to the body....I'll make a Body dolly for the body and get it over to the Body shop around Christmas time......while the Parts are out for paint....I'll get the Chassis ready and finished.....Fuel System....Exhaust....painted....and finish assembled ....so when the body get's back... I'll be on Schedule for my Targeted finish date and have the car on the Power Tour.........Now......we will be getting into the "Fun" stuff

Ken

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1937 Ford LS2 Install