Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 camaro project

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 67 camaro project

I just joined this site and I am in the middle of building a 67 Camaro it is going to have a ls6 engine from a 2001 Vette.It is set up with rack-n-pinion steering .I am looking for the best oil pan that will work in this car. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in the process of putting an LS2 in my 68 I used an autokraft pan http://www.autokraft.org/products/ fit perfect came with a new pick up tube and i was able to retain the stock baffle though it might be a different case for you but doubtful. Some people have to put washers on the stock bolts for it to fit, i didnt have that issue but used thin ones to be safe. Comes with a new gasket and an adapter to use the stock oil filter but you need to use the stock oil block off piece (the thing above your oil filter now with 2 bolts) and bolt that into place with the stock bolts. And it will clear rack steering. I used small block mounts with S&P adapter plates and have plenty of frame clearence. I also used their crossmeber for the t-56 (i'm assuming thats what you're using) and i wouldnt recommend them for the crossmember it was a bitch to fit it in, it works but if i did it over gain i would go with the ATS member though it cost a bit more it makes install a breeze. If you have any other questions i'll try and answer i had a hard time finding answers on other forums and had to learn myself but so far so good, good luck with the build