Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS into C3 HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS into C3 HELP!

I am planning to put a 6.0 in to a 1977 Corvette with a TH 350. I need advice on which intake and exhaust manifolds will fit, as well as the oil pan. I understand I will need some adapter motor mounts, (can anyone supply drawings) as well as an electric fuel pump and ECM. Also what factory accessories will fit? Thanks!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS acc

As for intake, use the LS1 or the better LS6. As for exh., maybe stock manifolds or custom headers? A few companies make some flat plates where you can mount to the LS block then the original mount bolts to the bottom of it. I have a set I bought from hotrodlane.cc . Nice aluminum but $ 100 bill !
Do some searching for the front drive acc. Prolly the easiest would be LS1 F body, but you'll have to do a trial fit.
For ECM, try and find a complete pullout, or go stock LS base ECM with a conversion harness like Painless.
You'll have to fab up some Electric in tank fuel pump, or external.

Last edited by davidws6; 08-23-2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Are you thinking the pickup exhaust manifolds will work? Do I need the accessory drives of an F-body to make it fit? I can make the motor mounts if someone has dimensions. Notching a cross-member isn't a problem to make it fit.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Check out corvetteforum.com. There's a huge thread in there.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Just buy the motor mounts about 5 companies make them let them know what tranny you are bolting them to since that lets them know how much offset forwards and backwards is needed.

I have the engine in my 1977 with a TKO-600 behind it so it used the 1 inch back offset.

You can run the F-body accesories all will fit. The only issue you have is running the heater stuff it is a very close fit with you A-arms on the passenger side.

You need a F-body oil pan, the vette pan is to wide it hit stuff, and the truck pans are to deep you will take it off the bottom of the car over the 1st speed bump.

As far as fuel pumps I went carbed so I just picked up a holley blue, but EFI look at the walborro 255 in pump or the inline equivalent if motor is not to modded.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LS2 Corvette exhaust manifolds will fit like a champ. They also have the O2 sensor mounted right under the hood where they are easy to access. F body oil pan is the best choice. The L8 pan will hang to low.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 08-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

Default ls2

I have a set of LS2 exhaust manifolds from my crate motor ....NEW never fired

FOR SALE . email me if intrested

steve.nolan@att.net
Old 08-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my LS2 swap into my 65 Vette (stock frame, should be similar to the C3) I used a 2005 LS2 Vette motor. The stock manifolds from that year would have worked if I had an automatic, but not with the manual as the Z bar hit hte manifold. I was told that the big block z bar would work in this case, but I found a cheap set of manifolds off of a 2003 vette that just fit with a little grinding for clearance. Oilpan off of the 2005 Vette motor just cleared the steering ram, but that might depend on hte offset of your motor mount plates. Accessories from the 2005 fit except for the PS pump which needs a smaller pulley. I am not an expert at this but my swap was just done over the past 6 months so it is still fresh in my mind. If you have any questions I will try to help.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Launching!

For exhaust I had my hooker sidemounts modified with the LS1 header flange!