Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Down Pipe O2 Sensors The Same?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Are Down Pipe O2 Sensors The Same?

I'm running LS6 headers on my LS1. Iv'e found that the right side requires an O2 sensor with a slightly longer harness. One of the down pipe O2's does have a harness that's just the right length, so I'm wondering if I can simply use it in place? I thought I read somewhere before that they can be swapped without issue.

Andy1
Old 08-25-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, they are interchangable
Old 08-25-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup.. they are just different length's... I was able to use the one rear one for the driver side when I put headers on, but still had to get a extention for the passenger side.. but as Eric said, the are interchangable.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:25 PM
RYU
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Bosch universal 4 wire O2 sensor because it came with a much longer cord. I think it was almost 3 ft but you have to cut the existing harness and use theirs. Their harness is pretty slick though. I've heard though (reading the "PCM Tuning section") that folks have had trouble with the Bosch in terms of lazy warm up which will throw a CEL. If you go this route the factory Pink, Brown, Black, White wire doesn't match up with their instructions. I can give you the wire diagram if needed. I just did this last night.

I'm only using the front 2 of the 4 and have not test driven the car yet so I have not verified those claims.

Quick Reply: Are Down Pipe O2 Sensors The Same?