Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Need BRP Conversion Motor Mounts (New in Box!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 02:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Need BRP Conversion Motor Mounts (New in Box!)

I have brand new BRP mounts I am not going to use
Nice mounts and well built
I am going to return them to BRP next week 10/25 and have to pay shipping to get the return
BRP already said they would take them back (Phil is a nice guy!)
If you are about to order a set.... you can save a few bucks
If anyone is interested you can have them for what they cost and I will ship free!
I never even mocked em up! New in he box
They are are 170.00 for the pair..just ask Phil..but I will ship for $0
There is a 2-3 week wait if you order new if the shop is not busy
email me if interested ssgpowers@yahoo.com
paypal, check, money order, whatever works
my Ebay to prove I am not a deadbeat
http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...me=STRK:ME:UFS
Note: you must be an ebay user to view my profile..but really what gearhead doesn't Ebay

Old 10-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Teching In

how is the fit on these things? why did you decide not to use them?
Old 10-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

They fit great and allow you to run the AC compressor in the stock LS1 location.
I'm not using them because I am running a custom serpentine set up with or with out AC. I haven't decided on AC yet.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:50 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

They fit great. I have the same ones on my '69, along with the BRP tranny mount.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Teching In

so on my 69 camaro, i can bolt these right in and run an ac compressor? is there any steering linkage probs or frame notching? also, do i have to cut the oil pan? i have heard if you custom make mounts, you can avoid cutting the pan. cutting the pan and frame is my main concern. also how about LTs? thanks!!!!
Old 10-26-2004, 01:25 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

polo, you will still have to cut/notch the frame to clear the factory LS1 A/C compressor with these mounts. But, these are the only mounts that will allow you to run the factory A/C in its factory f-body location, as these mounts move the engine a little more forward than other ones out there. This will also allow you to relocate the coil packs to the back of the heads like I did.

If you keep the factory steering, you will have to notch the oil pan. If you convert to a front steer rack/pinion like the BRP kit, you do not have to notch the pan. If you convert to that BRP steering, you can also use Stainless Works longtube headers, which are the only aftermarket longtubes for our 1st gens with an LS1. Stock steering is junk and weighs alot, I'm glad I got rid of it.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

Last chance as I will be sending them back soon
Old 07-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Teching In

If I had to do it all over again i'd certainly never buy BRP stuff again nor would I dare recommend them to anyone...period!. The stuff is simply "junk!" and thats being polite. I bought hedman headers-long tube, front/rear brake kit for 02 Camaro and motor/tranny kit for my LQ4/T56 and almost nothing fits.

I got a second set of replacement motor mounts sent that fit only a fraction better than the first but still had to beat the crap out of my brand new ceramic coated hedman headers in 2 spots to make them fit. These headers and kits were not designed with any kind of performance in mind and will only fit with "stock oem control arms" plus they rub on steering linkage on right side and the steering box on left side. If buying BRP/HEDMAN header products be sure to have a big 3 lb hammer by your side before your shiney new parts come or else they simply ain't gonna fit.
You will maybe need to beat 2 areas on right side header- one to clear steering linkage on frame and two to clear aftermarket control arms if you have them- Mine were CPP upper and lower. Then expect to take a grinder to your steering box to clear the left side tubes or you'll be using a hammer yet again.
As for the T56 tranny support "forget it!". It may as well been built for a Honda Civic from the 70's. It rubs on collectors so much you'd have to stand on the support with full weight to even get close to bolting it down.
Better yet when you do finally make contact with someone from corporate BRP headquarters after days of trying to get a new tranny support. They collect $80 in overnight express delivery fee's and keep it. They don't ship anything, won't answer emails and won't answer calls. In fact i've have to file a return with Visa to get my $80 back. A month later not a word from them.
Onto the front braking system. The spacers for the front cailpers are far too thick and angle the caliper hanger/plate on about a 45 degree angle- hence they need to get cut or machined. Doubt they were machined to start with. Looked more like they were cut with a hack saw....a wooden one.
If have any questions or need to see pics of this gradeschool quality fitment by BRP/HEDMAN feel free to send me an email and i'll reply. I've met a lot of amazing people on this website and would hate for anyone to go through the nonsence I did. Good luck with your build!.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Hedman headers and my BRP mounts fit absolutely perfect. No modifications whatsoever. I enjoyed an effortless installation. My car? A 1969 Camaro. I've learned that if you modify one thing, you better expect to have to modify a couple other things, to take advantage of the first modification. Thats life. I would highly recommend BRP/Hedman to anyone. Great products, fair prices.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

holy crap this is an old post

Quick Reply: Anyone Need BRP Conversion Motor Mounts (New in Box!)