Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok to wire aftermarket gauge power here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ok to wire aftermarket gauge power here?

I have never wired gauges before. I wanted to run this plan by you guys to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

My speedometer says it needs a "Dedicated 12V DC from 'acc' on ignition switch."

All of my other gauges (water temp, oil press., tach, and fuel) say that they just need 12V DC Switched (this is labeled 'I' on the gauge):

This is the diagram for my 93 Camaro fuse block, located on the driver's side of the dash:

The ACCY and IGN spots are unused. Am I ok to use the IGN spot for the water temp, oil press, tach, and fuel gauges, and the ACCY spot for the speedometer? I'm pretty sure I am; if anyone could confirm though I would definitely feel better.

Thanks for any help/advice, hoping to get the car started this Labor Day weekend.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autometer stuff??

Id email or call them and ask for sure, that wording is wierd.

Ive always wired for HOT IN RUN, and never really concerned myself with ACCY cuz my 72's cylinder lock is flaky and dont go back to ACCY.

I think in your case you would be fine to wire ALL those gauges to either of those connections as long as you arent going to over load the circuit. The connection thats hot in START for you might be handy for oil pressure and RPM during cranking, just remember that electrical load during starting will drop system voltage down quite a bit.

My $0.02, FWIW.

Quick Reply: ok to wire aftermarket gauge power here?