Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 in a 69 f-body intake question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 in a 69 f-body intake question.

Guys I am putting a 5.3 in an f-body. It is a 2006 5.3 using the S&p style mounts. I do not have the front end for the car yet. It looks like the truck intake will clear. I plan on using a 2 1/2" cowl hood. Does anyone have this set up that has kept the truck intake?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by matt1976
Guys I am putting a 5.3 in an f-body. It is a 2006 5.3 using the S&p style mounts. I do not have the front end for the car yet. It looks like the truck intake will clear. I plan on using a 2 1/2" cowl hood. Does anyone have this set up that has kept the truck intake?
may not clear the truck is very tall compared to the car intakes
Old 09-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Launching!

I made my own mounts but they were 1/4 inch thick engine plates with oem small block chevy mounts bolted to them,and used the stock frame mounts.It worked perfect with the stock cowl hood.The engine was in the stock small block location(close to firewall.)5.3 truck engine,and all truck acc.F-body oilpan.
J
Old 09-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome! I have trial fitted it several times and even went as far as mounting the core support and everything looks like it will clear without any problems. The only thing that even looked close was the alt, but it looked like it will clear. Of course the AC comp had to move. I can't afford the fenders and hood right now, but would like to the harness reworked so the engine doesn't sit for years without running. I guess if all else fails I will have the harness reworked in the future if I find out I was wrong. A few hundred dollars wouldn't be the biggest mistake I have made on the project!