Sponsored by:

ls2 hp number with a carb set up

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls2 hp number with a carb set up

im in the middle of putting my ls2 together and trying to find out what cams

and heads people are using and what kind of hp number are you seeing ??

carb set up
1/4 mile times
Old 09-25-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moderate to large hp, 12's and lower. That lil search button at the top does wonders.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

cam, whatever u can tolerate, ls2 heads will support 500bhp in stock form with cam and supporting bolt ons. use with vic jr. intake.and i reccomend holley street HP carb. 750cfm mech secondaries.
very easy to tune out of the box, very close on fuel curve as is.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

From what I've read my motor should be good for 510-530fwhp. As long as I have some good torque #'s I'll be happy. I love 6 spd's Heres a link to my build w/specs

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ion-again.html
Old 09-26-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

GM rated the otherwise stock but carb'd LS2 motor at 440 HP

http://paceperformance.com/index.asp...&ProdID=178558

A good 35 HP more than the stock FI crate motor. The stock LS2 cam and heads are the same as the "LS6" cam people talk about. the motor in the link has the LS6 heads too (243 castings). I have the motor above with a Holley 750 DP, mechanical secondaries. The open plenum intakes need a pretty big shot of gas from the accelerator pump to keep from bogging. Most guys end up with the 50 CC pump on the primaries.

The DP may not be the best carb for these motor. My idle screws are only about a half turn out. That is with a piece of wire in the idle orifice to cut the area. I wish the carb had adjustable idle feed restrictors and air bleeds. But seems to be running OK as set up.

Check out the thread in the stickies about putting a carb and dist on the LS motor. Lots of good info and specific set ups in there.

500 HP is acheivable with nothing more than a cam upgrade. I have been thinking about a Lunati voodo cam. Seems to be a popular option for these motors. Trouble is the car scares the bejuzus out of me as it is. The LS2 motor also has the LS6 springs that people talk about a lot on here. Although for the voodoo cam I think stiffer springs are needed.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea bigger springs are needed. They are pretty much maxed with the cam that is in there. I used patriot duals on my motor. They are a little pricey but I have never heard of one breaking.

Quick Reply: ls2 hp number with a carb set up