Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 conversion in a 69 camaro wired but nothing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 conversion in a 69 camaro wired but nothing?

Hey everyone. I've been working on my 69 for sometime now so let me quickly update you so maybe someone can help. It a 2003 lq4 that I put some go fast parts on, kept the drive by wire and had a complete new harness made by a company in Fl. and I sent them the computer to flash and put an upgraded program for my heads, cam, intake, etc. I wired it all up with an always 12v wire on the fuse box, power wire to fuel pump, cranking wire when you turn the key all the way forward, and tach. I ran a ground grom the battery to the block, block to the k-member, head to the chassis. I did all the correct ways on hooking up the computer and all the other stuff before I hooked up my battery, So i wanted to test it before I hooked up the radiator and power steering just to crank it and check for leaks and what not before I go through and hide everything nice and neat. I plugged it up and nothing! no fuel pump sound, no turning over, no nothing?! What am I missing the harness has got labels so thats a no brainer but its like it has no power to the new harness. The power wire I hooked up to a 12v source on the original fuse box and I feeds the new harness a fuse system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated maybe you could tell me what to check.... I don't know just damn SAD!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default answer/ and new question

OK everyone the answer was power wire needed to be ran from the back of the alternator to the battery positive wire. Now I crunk up the car finally and the throttle by wire does not work. while the car was running i would press the gas pedal and nothing? The pedal and pedal brain are out of a 2003 Gmc Denalli and the 90MM throttle body is off of an ls2 crate engine. When I turn on the ignition the throttle body opens backwards until it hits a milled area that stops the throttle plate and it goes back to shut. this happens very fast then i have to put the air intake hose on for the mass air meter so i don't know what happens while its running. Last problem and I think its related to the pedal... when the car was running it would "pop" kinda like a quite backfire but every ..... 30 seconds to 2 minutes a "pop"? I will check my fuel pressure tomorrow any other suggestions??? Thanks all

Quick Reply: LQ4 conversion in a 69 camaro wired but nothing?