Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with parts list for a 66-67 ls1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need help with parts list for a 66-67 ls1 swap

hey guys, in few months from now i will be buying a 66-67 chevelle shell then plan on purchasing a 2002+ camaro ls1 engine for the swap. i was wondering if anyone have a list of all the parts for this build. most swap ive read so far on chevelle ls1 swaps leave out all the parts that are needed etc.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

There is a sticky on it up top. Here is what I used so far, motor mounts (self fabricated) small block frame mounts from a 68-72. LH8 oil pan from GM. And of course you will need headers. PM me if you need any more info, also there are a lot of helpful guys on here who have doen the install and are way aheaad of me. Good luck with the project.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only unique parts of a engine swap from a SBC or BBC to an Gen III or IV engine is the engine mounts, plates or adapters. Trans x-member can work by modifying it as needed.

Other then wiring up the electrical and fuel system. these are getting to be a common swap. As already suggested, research on this forum and ask question, try not to ask about a who swap. but on one subject or question, you will get better answers.. we have already been ask these same question and don't really have time to right a book on how to do the swap.. as the build thread here will show and tell you all of the pros and cons of doing it the many different ways of it..

But the Chevelle is one of the most popular ones, followed by the early F-Body/X-Body..

good luck...
Old 10-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Launching!

Not sure how to give you a full parts list there are many ways to go about it if i can help pm me. but the lh8 oil pan you will need engine mounts i got from summit and i would think twice before you go with hooker headers if i did it again i dont think i would have used them but there in there now. my bigest problem was my front runner. ventageair was the way i went but there are cheaper ways to do that i am just not the one to ask. good luck

Quick Reply: need help with parts list for a 66-67 ls1 swap